1999 Dodge Avenger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Avenger
- I have a 1999 Dodge Avenger that cranks but won't start. It ran just fine last night then I went and filled it up and then it wouldnt start after that. It is getting spark. I sprayed starting fluid into the air cleaner and it started. What is it? Fuel p
- trouble code p0442 came up.
- Accelarator sticking and overheating gauge going up and down. What is it?
- car doesn't ingauge in gear and wants to make a grinding sound when putting
- have gas,have spark,engine cranks but wont turn over.
1999 Dodge Avenger Problems
The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.
Sensor failure inside the distributor can cause intermittent stalling or a failure to start. In addition, the wires to the distributor are susceptible to internal damage, which can cause the same symptoms.
1999 Dodge Avenger Questions
check engine light came on and had a code ran on.the car seems light its cutting for a split second and then come back on.i know it has something to do with fuel.have ckecked hoses and can't find any loose.please help me.thanks.
the shifter into park.
1999 Dodge Avenger Recalls
1999 Dodge Avenger Reviews
dont buy not worth it
I am in my 50's and have owned several different performance cars! I buy them, drive them, restore them, show them and sell them! All in all this has been the second most reliable and performance car (without modifications). The comment on tires spinning, your tires are too thin! The handling braking acceleration are fantastic on this Dodge. This car (95 to 00) was built in collaboration with ...
i have the 1999 es v6 model . great performance handles great, the drivetrain isnt all that great if you like to spin your tires alot, and mine i cant keep balljoints in it .but other than that great car