1999 Dodge Avenger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Dodge Avenger
- Accelarator sticking and overheating gauge going up and down. What is it?
- car doesn't ingauge in gear and wants to make a grinding sound when putting
- have gas,have spark,engine cranks but wont turn over.
- AC comp recycles continous w/accum jumped. Has freon. WHat next
- should I take distributor cap back off and change the rotor
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Dodge Avenger Problems
The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.
A defective vehicle speed sensor can cause problems with the cruise control and speedometer operation, as well as erratic shifting. The connectors on the sensors are also susceptible to corrosion, which will create similar symptoms. Any of these problems can cause Check Engine Light illumination.
1999 Dodge Avenger Questions
the shifter into park.
may have cracked 5 lead going into distributor.
1999 Dodge Avenger Recalls
1999 Dodge Avenger Reviews
dont buy not worth it
I am in my 50's and have owned several different performance cars! I buy them, drive them, restore them, show them and sell them! All in all this has been the second most reliable and performance car (without modifications). The comment on tires spinning, your tires are too thin! The handling braking acceleration are fantastic on this Dodge. This car (95 to 00) was built in collaboration with ...
i have the 1999 es v6 model . great performance handles great, the drivetrain isnt all that great if you like to spin your tires alot, and mine i cant keep balljoints in it .but other than that great car