1997 Dodge Avenger Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Dodge Avenger
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Dodge Avenger Problems
The automatic transmission can develop problems like erratic shifting, rough shifting, or delayed gear engagement. Repairs for many of these problems are outlined in service bulletins.
A defective vehicle speed sensor can cause problems with the cruise control and speedometer operation, as well as erratic shifting. The connectors on the sensors are also susceptible to corrosion, which will create similar symptoms. Any of these problems can cause Check Engine Light illumination.
1997 Dodge Avenger Questions
When it does end up sliding into gear it is really hard
it doesn't fire and fuel pump don't come on. the dakota i tried every thing on it. finally give up and took it to another garage. he just replaced wiring untill it started running. any body got any input!
stock ones keep splitting and im tired of replacing them but i can only find ones for eclipses are they swappable????
1997 Dodge Avenger Recalls
1997 Dodge Avenger Reviews
I bought a used 1997 Avenger and it's been my favorite car in years. It gets 26 to 35 mpg. But this morning, I started it normally... turned on the headlights, and it died. Not sputtered... DIED. No lights, no warning, like flipping a switch. I have checked all the fuses and relays and they're all fine. I'm at my wits end and it's hitting below zero temps. I also live in an area where every loc...
I have has my 97 dodge avenger 2.5 v6 for almost 8 years. It has been a good car. it smokes a little but I put two bottles of no smoke with the honey in it, change the oil 20/50 w and take it own through it usually takes two or three times.It has 227,000 miles on it, Ive had to put two transmissions in it,1 radiator,2 water pumps,2 crank sensors,three thermostats,left front axle,lower ball join...