1997 Cadillac DeVille Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Cadillac DeVille
- my cadillac deville backfire
- why don`t my parking brake release when i put car in drive like it use to do?
- why is my airconitioner blowing out of heat vents and not air vents
- why is my a/c air coming out of the floor vent and not the a/c vents
- Does anyone know how to remove the rear wheel hub on a 1997 Limo?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Cadillac DeVille Problems
One or more of the power window regulators (one in each door) may fail causing the window to fall into the door and not roll up.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The engine may develop oil leaks from the lower crankcase portion of the engine block. Our technicians tell us that the engine must be removed from the vehicle to properly repair this oil leak.
1997 Cadillac DeVille Questions
There's a bad rattling sound coming from the tensioner so I just need some advice about how to get the belt off and remove the tensioner. Thank you
My big boo -boo......backing up.....tore off housing but niether housing or the mirror broken and still able to move mirror with control from knob in driver's side panel...Can it just be glued back in place? Have,, ugh taped it back on, hate it... what to do? Help!!!
I had a leak check done and hose check and cannot find a leak. Someone told me this engine and age of rc burns it up.
1997 Cadillac DeVille Recalls
GM has recalled 1995-1997 Cadillac Deville, Eldorado, Seville, and Oldsmobile Aurora vehicles because the fuel rail and fuel system return line may crack and leak fuel. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail and return line.
1997 Cadillac DeVille Reviews
fOR A OLDER MODEL CAR IT DOES WELL,I'M AT 174,000MI.CHANGED THE RADIATOR DID A NICE TUNE UP,IT RUNS GREAT.THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS THE COMPUTER DETECTION SYSTEM.ITS TELLING ME THE ENGINE HAS LOW OIL PRESSURE WHEN THE ENGINE INTERNAL TEMP REACHES 222F.THE MESSAGE INDICATOR WILL THEN SAY "STOP ENGINE",BUT WHEN I PUSH THE GAS IT RESETS ITSELF BACK TO NORMAL.I DONT KNOW IF THERES A ENGINE PROBLEM ...
Bought used with about 40K on it. My 4th Cadillac. Now at 123 K. Always had front-end bottoming out easily with deep dips in roadway intersections and learned to drive it accordingly. Still own and like it. Still looks and drives like new with few repairs needed over the years. One of the better cars I've owned for sure.
This Car like all the previous Cadillac are a an example of bad enginneering. Too much crap on these models Rebuilt at about 60,000 rebuilt trsnsmission and torque converte about 96,000 the ABS control module blu-up and the hot oil damaged the battery and other electrical cables around it. The rear suspension are too weeak for to carry 4 passangers and the outo-leveling suspension leak air. Dri...