RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: The liftgate will not open anymore. I need the new part. What is it called? on 2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser

I am trying to get it through the outside cheaper but what part would I need? You can't open it through the outside of the car.
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
It sounds like you would need to remove the inside trim panel and inspect the lock and latch assembly to see if you can get it to release.Autozone have some popular workshop manuals for free on line once you register (for free) on their website There is a company that independent auto repair shops get their information from, this same information is available inexpensively for people that work on their own cars.. The information is year make and model specific, covering repair procedures, torque specifications, fluid capacities and specifications, service bulletins, component locations, wiring diagrams ect.... Alldata is very easy to navigate
Thank you so much. I had already removed the panel and you can open it from the inside by moving the latch. However you cannot open it from the outside to lift up the tailgait. Someone said that the strip that opens it through the outside is not good anymore. I do not know what to order.
we just called Auto Zone asking for that same part.They told us we have to go to a dealer.Right now-we are trying homemade,wire "pull"-to unlock from the inside.We haven't called dealer yet-but I bet it's going to cost a "pretty penny"...or worse.Will let you know.The part you need is the lower locking part that is inside the door its self,correct
Didn't find what you were looking for?