Car Questions

Problems with the 'Outside Air Temperature' displayed on the DIC

(2007 Pontiac G5)
in Burke, VA on April 26, 2009
I have just recently purchased a used 2007 Pontiac G5. So far, I love it. However, I am just recently noticing that the 'Outside Air Temperature' displayed on the DIC located in the instrument cluster is regularly between 5-10 degrees higher than the current outside tempature. Additionally, yesterday, while driving home, the radio station I was listening to reported the current tempature as 89 degree, however, the 'Outside Air Temperature' displayed on the DIC was 118 degrees. I am begining to believe that the 'Outside Air Temperature' sensor is broken.

I am wondering first, if I am correct that the 'Outside Air Temperature' sensor needs to be replaced or if, as I read on one blog site, the Body Control Module (BCM) needs to be reprogram or replaced.

Second, if either the 'Outside Air Tempature' sensor or the BMC need to be replaced, how much it might cost.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on April 28, 2009
The first thing I would do is look at the sensor, make sure it is properly installed. The sensor needs to be in a place that is unaffected by hot air from the engine when parked or driving. If the sensor becomes dislodged from it's mounting it can rub up against a warm engine or cooling system part, or be exposed to hot air from the engine.

One of the four tire pressures is blank in the information box on dashboard. None of the tires look flat.
Half the time when I get in my car and start it, the blower/fan for the heat and AC won’t turn on. Occasionally it wi...