Problem accelerating with a chrysler town and country
2006 Chrysler Town & Country

Problem accelerating with a Chrysler Town and Country

(2006 Chrysler Town & Country)
I'm having a problem accelerating with a Chrysler Town and Country. Transmission Oil looked good and it was full. I'm thinking it's a sensor?
1 answer & 2 comments
on February 01, 2009
Do you have a Check Engine Light on? How does your speedometer work and does it read correctly? Does it feel like your vehicle is only in 1 gear?
It sounds like your tansmission has a fault code. Sometimes it is an input speed sensor. if there is a fault for this or other trans fault codes, the trans goes into a limp home mode with only 1 gear, kinda like windows 'safe' mode. I asked about your speedo b/c these vehicles tend to have output speed sensor codes which will effect the speedo.
Is there some way you can get a scan of your trans and engine computer to see what codes there are?
on February 01, 2009
Yes, I have a check engine light on. The speedometer seems to be functioning properly. Yes, it seems like it only goes to 1 gear.
I have been having a problem since day 1 when I got my town and country..When I got to stop it hesitates to shift down and when I take off it hesitates to shift up. then yesterday my check engine light came on and I had it hooked up to see why the check engine light was on and it came up shifter celenoid. I am mad because I Informed the dealership what was going on when i bought the car and now this happens. Thank God I Have A good warranty on the car.
Automatic Transmission Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on February 01, 2009

We were listening to the radio for a few hours, battery died, jumped it to get it started, it started with no...
When driving feel pulling , shifting of gears , also van accelerate suddenly fast without warning.