QUESTIONS

Q: power window problem on 2001 Toyota Land Cruiser

Enthusiast 01be16a5a93688912f14755221fb15211b518d9a788cf01b455e03cc1bd585ac
The bolts came loose on the driver's side power window regulator and the glass dislocated. I replaced the bolts and the window goes up & down. But when I use the one click feature (the 2nd detent on the switch) the window goes all the way up and then reverses and goes half way down.. If I use the manual up (1st detent on the switch) the window goes up and stays up. any help?
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
| |
Turn on the ignition push the window down switch all the way down and hold it down for 5 seconds, then put it all the way up and hold it in the up position for five seconds to relearn the park stop position. Let me know that this works for you, if it doesn't I'll look in my information and notes.
It does not work on my 2000 Landcruiser driver's side door window. The window goes up and down. The Auto close feature will close the window then the window immediately opens and goes down about one half the way. You can close the window by pulling up in the window switch and releasing it when the window closes and slightly compresses the foam seal around the window. If you hold the switch to long the window immediately opens.