Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

How do you fix power seat - driver's - so you have full range of mobility?

(2011 Ford Crown Victoria)
in Rockville, MD on July 15, 2017
The driver's seat bottom doesn't tilt backward and I cannot adjust the height using the power switch to the left. I drive long hours for my job, which is causing me leg strain. This is forcing me into a very upright position - my legs - for long periods of time.

How can this be fixed?
Displaying 3 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
You'll need to have a professional shop diagnose the problem as to mechanical (broken or inoperative part, or electrical (wire, switch or motor).

Seat may have to come out to diagnose.

Call Master Mechanic on Sullyfield Circle in Chantilly at 703-449-9000 to schedule an appointment.. Will probably take an hour or 2 to diagnose and then we can determine the full cost of the repair.

There will be a diagnostic fee based on the amount of time needed to determine the cause of the failure, figure $75 to $150

Don Ballard
Master Mechanic
of Charles Automotive on July 17, 2017
Generally there are two motors on a power seat. One to move the seat forwards and backwards. The second motor moves the seat up and down. We would be happy to check the motors. There's no charge for us to check. We can take a look any day this week. We can reached at 301.468.99, Charles Automotive & Tire.
on July 25, 2017

Thanks for the info - I drive a cab. I'm going to have our shop take a look at it and see if they can fix it. Cost will be an issue - I may end up continuing to use the cushion I'm using now. At some point, considering a repair shop other than my company is an option.

- Gary
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Shop that did computer reading and tech, doesn't do mufflers, ect….stated that o2 sensors indicate that the engine li...
Car won,t start due to no power to these components. what should i do?
Didn't find what you were looking for?