Mercedes-Benz E350 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz E350
- What is the best way to handle E 350 balance problem Class action suit in place
- How much is good price for transmission, Total price
- Internal Component Failure repair. Does Mercedes pay for it?
- Cover on the center console release tab has fallen off. How do you repair it?
- are there any recalls for this model?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz E350 Problems
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Mercedes-Benz E350 Questions
message says problem with srs system see shop
Took my E350 to Mercedes-Benz to do alignment, after getting the car back, I noticed that the cornering lights (the ones that turn on when you turn on your turn. signal, or steer left or right aluminates the corner) stop working, does it have anything to do with the alignment? since when you move...
Mercedes-Benz E350 Recalls
Due to a manufacturing defect, a crack can develop on the fuel filter when the vehicle is operated in high temperatures. This crack can result in a fuel leak, increasing the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel filter to correct this concern.
Certain vehicles were assembled with a right side window curtain airbag that was stitched together improperly. In the event of a crash, this airbag may deflate more quickly than intended, reducing the protection it may provide to vehicle occupants. Mercedes-Benz dealers will replace the right side window curtain air bag on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Forty-one vehicles may have a front engine pulley that was manufactured with an insufficient adhesive where the inner mass damper ring attaches to the vibration damper. If the inner ring were to separate with the hood open and the engine running, personal injury could result. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected parts to correct this issue. This recall is expected to begin during April of 2011.
Mercedes-Benz E350 Reviews
I have a 2006 E350 and need a Schedule C Maintenance Check-up. After consulting the owner's manual, it is difficult to determine exactly which items need to be checked. Can anyone provide a list of Schedule C items to be checked?
my car has died 4 times in two months been in the shop and they want to give me something to charge the battery. They claim that I don"t drive the car enough to keep a charge. Not happy with the 2011 E350 at all
Purchased 2006 E350 with 55K miles in 2009. Loved the ride and the handling. Great car for my sales job. At 110K miles in 2011, car began to shimmy on a cold start. In later weeks, the car would shake violently on start up. Was told that it was a "balance shaft rotor", a small part about the size of a lipstick case deep inside the engine. Apparently for 2006 and other similar years this part wa...