1996 Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Ford Probe
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1996 Ford Probe Problems
A defective oil pump can cause ticking noise from the engine, stalling, rough running, and reduced engine power. Replace the oil pump if this is found to be the cause.
If the mass air flow sensor is not working properly, the Check Engine Light can come on, the engine can hesitate while accelerating, has reduced power, and a rough idle. Replacing the mass air flow sensor should fix this concern if the diagnostic trouble codes confirm the mass air flow sensor is the cause.
If a buzzing noise is coming from the exhaust at different engine speeds and conditions, this is commonly caused by the heat shields on catalytic converters coming loose at points. The buzzing is the metal on metal contact. Installing a large worm clamp around the catalytic converter and heat shield assembly will prevent the noise and secure the shields.
1996 Ford Probe Questions
They checked all but the injectors they say a lot fuel going out the exhaust pipe
Intermittent but not Random. No misfire under load or while driving. It idles and run rough while stopped after 15 minutes of driving in temperatures above 50 degrees. Runs smoother in temperatures under 50 degrees and sometimes while raining.
Maintenance - 2011-2013
Vacuum - 2...
If I have built in RPM Limiter on my 2.0 Ford Probe can I disable it.
1996 Ford Probe Recalls
1996 Ford Probe Reviews
First off, I can only speak for the 5 speed GT. Really fun car to drive. Nice feel, good power and handling. Nice looker too. Always get looks at the stop light or kids wanting to race. Be prepared though, expensive to maintain. A good set of wires could run you over $100. Limited production and in my opinion, soon to be sought after classic.