1992 Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Ford Probe
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
The thermostat may allow the engine to run too cool, which will cause it to run rough at idle. Replacing the thermostat should fix this concern if the engine is running too cool.
1992 Ford Probe Questions
I noticed it on my way to work. it is like this all the time
There is a knocking when the car is put into gear. wether its moving or not. any ideas?
my 1992 ford probe 2.2 wont stay running. It starts fast but only runs for about 5 sec then dies. The check engine light is on.Any RPM's I give it, it will only stay running a few sec