1993 Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Ford Probe
- Engine Runs Rough, Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration, Hard Starting, Poor Performance
- Head Lights may Open and Close on their own, or may Operate Erratically
- Ticking Noise from Engine, Stalling, Rough Running, Reduced Engine Power
- Check Engine Light On, Hesitates Accelerating, Reduced Power, and Rough Idle
- Buzzing Noise from Exhaust at Different Engine Speeds
- car doesn't. allways start, we have replaced dis,rotor,plugs,wirers, but if you put your hand under motor and jiggle some wires, it will start but run on about 2 Of the 4Cylinder s. pushing it to start a lot of the Times. could it be starter or soleno
- how do i remove the trim over the high mounted stop lamp?
- i have a 1993 ford probe, i am having issues starting it,
- motor over reves
- Fuel cutoff light came on reset it and will not start again
1993 Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
Water corroding the head light actuator connector can cause the head lights to open and close on their own, or operate erratically. Replacing the head light actuator motor should fix this problem.
A defective oil pump can cause ticking noise from the engine, stalling, rough running, and reduced engine power. Replace the oil pump if this is found to be the cause.
1993 Ford Probe Questions
it use to start fine, but then i had to pump the clutch a few times before it would start,so i replaced the clutch master cylinder and bleed it like crazy but now even pumping the clutch don't work, what could it be, i replaced the starter about 8 months ago.
with a noid light check. cyls 1,2,3 all flash with eng cranking = normal oper. at cyl 4 the problem cly , the noid lights stays on
and does not flash . checked the connector and wires to fuel
injector at cyl 4 = ok . it it ther pcm that is the cause for the incorrect injector pulse at cyl 4?
already replaced fuel injector and fuel pressure regulator , timing belt new, plugs ,wires and cap new .compression good approx 170-180 at all 4 cyls
1993 Ford Probe Recalls
1993 Ford Probe Reviews
got a few problems. my break peddle gets real stiff and the breaks start to drag slowing me down i park it for about 20 mins or so end they release i replaced the calipers hub bearings some pleasure hoses master cylender brake booster the pads blead them worked great than the same thing this all started after it sat for about 3 months.. also i just got my third battery its now an inerstate and ...
Bought my 1993 Probe SE 4 cyl 2.0 litre 16 valve 5 speed (teal blue/black cloth interior) on New Years Eve in 1995 with 27K miles and sold it in 2003 with 176K when it was still running great! Great/dependable car, with little maintenance needed throughout the years! The SE model came fairly loaded, but I added a flip up/take off sunroof that was installed by Ziebart (yes! the undercoating guys...
This was a decent car til 60K miles. After that everything was needing maintenance/repair. Had to sell it because it simply became too expensive to keep.