1994 Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Probe
- Engine Runs Rough, Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration, Hard Starting, Poor Performance
- Buzzing Noise from Exhaust at Different Engine Speeds
- Head Lights may Open and Close on their own, or may Operate Erratically
- Ticking Noise from Engine, Stalling, Rough Running, Reduced Engine Power
- Check Engine Light On, Hesitates Accelerating, Reduced Power, and Rough Idle
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1994 Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
If a buzzing noise is coming from the exhaust at different engine speeds and conditions, this is commonly caused by the heat shields on catalytic converters coming loose at points. The buzzing is the metal on metal contact. Installing a large worm clamp around the catalytic converter and heat shield assembly will prevent the noise and secure the shields.
Water corroding the head light actuator connector can cause the head lights to open and close on their own, or operate erratically. Replacing the head light actuator motor should fix this problem.
1994 Ford Probe Questions
The car is dead but lights, radio, etc. work. When I turn the key there is no sound at all.Any ideas what it could be be?Checked the starter and that seems fine, externally. I know it's probably a coincidence but the only maintenance I did to the car was to replace a head light the day prior...
happens every time i drive my car .the engine doesnt seem to be affected.
What could be wrong? I installed a new battery and it is acting like there is no battery installed. No horn no spark no click no lights- nothing!