1994 Ford Probe Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 Ford Probe
- Engine Runs Rough, Stalls, Hesitates on Acceleration, Hard Starting, Poor Performance
- Ticking Noise from Engine, Stalling, Rough Running, Reduced Engine Power
- Head Lights may Open and Close on their own, or may Operate Erratically
- Buzzing Noise from Exhaust at Different Engine Speeds
- Check Engine Light On, Hesitates Accelerating, Reduced Power, and Rough Idle
1994 Ford Probe Problems
If the engine runs rough, stalls, hesitates on acceleration, is hard to start, or has generally poor performance, this can be caused by a cracked or broken air inlet tube. Loose clamps on the air tube can also cause this these problems. Tightening the air inlet tube, or replacing if broken, should correct the problem.
A defective oil pump can cause ticking noise from the engine, stalling, rough running, and reduced engine power. Replace the oil pump if this is found to be the cause.
Water corroding the head light actuator connector can cause the head lights to open and close on their own, or operate erratically. Replacing the head light actuator motor should fix this problem.
1994 Ford Probe Questions
The car is dead but lights, radio, etc. work. When I turn the key there is no sound at all.Any ideas what it could be be?Checked the starter and that seems fine, externally. I know it's probably a coincidence but the only maintenance I did to the car was to replace a head light the day prior ...
happens every time i drive my car .the engine doesnt seem to be affected.
What could be wrong? I installed a new battery and it is acting like there is no battery installed. No horn no spark no click no lights- nothing!