Dodge Nitro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Dodge Nitro
- We had to replace remote key for 2007 Dodge Nitro 4X4. It does not work.
- Check engine light came on in my 2008 Nitro.Seems to run fine.
- FROZEN CALIPER PRICE
- the enigine light and the electronic throttle light came whats the problem?
- I had engine light come on at 115500 miles tried to drive 3 more miles to servic
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Dodge Nitro Problems
The anti-theft system may cause a no start condition due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) affecting the wireless control module (WCM). There is an updated WCM to correct this issue.
One or more of the power door locks may become inoperative. Our technicians tell us that modifications to the door hardware and door panel may be necessary to correct this issue.
The remote start or keyless entry system may not function at times. A service repair kit is available which should correct this condition.
Dodge Nitro Questions
we need to know what to do.
the truck did give me any problem but i am a little worried
Airbag warning light to 2009 dodge Nitro diesel after driving for 5 minutes and continues to come on and go off. This just started last week. Has continued daily since it started.
Dodge Nitro Recalls
Active head restraints are designed to move forward and upward as necessary in the event of a rear end collision. These vehicles are being recalled because an internal fault in the occupant restraint control module could cause the active head restraints not to function as expected, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will reprogram the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module as necessary to correct this concern.
The 4 wheel drive transfer case is protected from the hot exhaust system by a heat shield. This shield can come loose and rub on the drive shaft. Over time, this rubbing could weaken and potentially cause the drive shaft to break, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will add a support bracket to the heat shield to correct this concern.
Some vehicles may have been assembled with a missing or incorrectly installed steering column pivot rivet. This could result in a loss of steering capability, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the rivet and repair the steering column as required. This recall is expected to begin during June 2011. The Chrysler recall number is L23.
Dodge Nitro Reviews
I hear a humming sound for one month. Sounds like its coming from the front of the car. The sound occurs while driving. It gets a little loud with faster speed. The sound stops while at rest. What could be causing this problem. I have recently had a tune-up and fuel injection cleaning. Did not solve the problem.
I have had my Nitro since 2007 and absolutely hate it. The engine light has a mind of its own. Goes on and off and can't seem to find the problem. Luggage racks started coming off after warranty was up and of course they are over $250 for new ones. Make horrible noise when going down road. Driver's door handle broke. Wipers are horrible and have to replace blades constantly. Dealer told m...
I have had my Nitro 2007 for a year in feb.The drivers seat is manual but the adjustment piece to raise or lower the seat has broken into many pieces. Also when i put the 4 wheel driver on and try to disingauge back to 2 wheel i have a grinding sound for days. My engine light stays on for weeks then just goes off. My seats are stained with blue and orange marker that i can not remove. Thank you...