Dodge Nitro Reviews

Dodge Nitro Reviews and Owner Comments

2007 Dodge Nitro R/T....Paid 28K cash Great car? Whaaaaaat? I bought my Nitro the introductory year 2007, biggest mistake I have ever made. How many recalls issued on this vehicle in 4 frickin' years? 12? How is it not considered a lemon? I brought my car to the dealership for an oil change and some recall repairs...They replaced the wiper motors and resealed the roof rack....4 weeks later the engine blew.....The filter they put on the car was defective plus there was no gasket when then ruptured filter was removed. They replaced the engine under warranty, that was good....However, I had to return the car 4 times becuz while in operation, the engine would quit and the electrical system would fail...No power steering and no brakes, great in a Chicago winter. This all becuz of bad computers, 4 of them. Then the wipers failed with their new motors....The roof rack seal is not only gone, but the rack is cracked in 3 places....I don't use it!!!!!!!! I have three windows I cannot lower becuz the motors have failed, the drivers side door handle has broken, the emergency brake engages in cold weather and etc, etc......So many problems with this car, I have returned to the dealership multiple times for repairs, only to have the issue arise again....The Nitro was a piece of JUNK!!!!!!! I paid cash and wish I could afford to get rid of it now....I seriously hate this car and it's worth nothing at trade in....Less than 3 years after buying the car, it was only worth 5k at the dealership....Dodge knew they built a POS!!!!!! Why only run it 4 years???
I need help I live in Costa Rica one day coming back home I Park my dodge Nitro 2008 , 2.8 cc Diesel and surprise fire from the Engine... My problems I can't get replacement parts in Costa Rica I have been looking for 4 months and nada used or new parts, the engine still work but I need to replace every thing Buster, alternator, censors, fan, belts all plastic components. Please If you where can I go let me know Use or new rolanmcr@gmail.com
I relly like my nitro.i bought it new in 2008.it has 107,000 miles on it but only replaced the water pump& battery.
Do not waste your money on this car! On several occasions while driving down busy roads going 40 to 50 mph the car has just lost all power. The lights remain on but the car was not running thankfully I was close to turning lane to coast out of way of traffic. On another occasion getting off the interstate merging into traffic the car just wouldn't go, the only way I can decide it is like it thru it self in reverse while going 50mph. Everytime I take it to dodge dealer they can not find a problen. The car is a death trap! Now we are having a problem with it not wanting to start, has new battery but it still has to be jumped off to get it started. The 2011 dodge nitro Is a horrible car, it may look nice which is why I bought it, but it drives horrible and it's a death trap!
we have a 2008 dodge nitro. in the summer with the airconditioning running and we come to a sudden stop from say 40mph the trany goes to neutral and dont go back into gear until we out itn park then back into drive. recently we have another problem. when we use the key fob to remotely open the car, the horn beebs irregularly (without any rythem like the panic does) the windshield wipers and fluid sprays and again with no rythem and short bursts, and the lights will flash sperradically. I read this also happens in the dodge caravan. some times the transmision will drive in the tow mode and not change to high gear turning around 3500rpm just to go 50mph.
I have had my Nitro since 2007 and absolutely hate it. The engine light has a mind of its own. Goes on and off and can't seem to find the problem. Luggage racks started coming off after warranty was up and of course they are over $250 for new ones. Make horrible noise when going down road. Driver's door handle broke. Wipers are horrible and have to replace blades constantly. Dealer told me seats would not stain. That is a laugh. They look horrible and you cannot get it out. Paid for and will keep and run into ground as I do not want to give these problems to someone else. DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!
This is really been a great cardio only issue that I have noticed is the one report that I have put on here recently about the fan belt when the car is idleing will turn on and it will make this horrible noise.. It makes me wonder what is grinding against and if it is going to cause further damage aside from that I find that the car is very roomy very unique style.. It is very comfortable and the four wheel drive great. I have never had any issues with mine I travel for my job consistentlyand have to take passengers with me.We can comfortably fit five people and all of our luggage in the back with no prob. I have a 2010 dodge nitro and would give it a four point fivestars unless I have to put alot of funds out on a serpentine belt.noise Only happened recently while ideling one day?
I have had my Nitro 2007 for a year in feb.The drivers seat is manual but the adjustment piece to raise or lower the seat has broken into many pieces. Also when i put the 4 wheel driver on and try to disingauge back to 2 wheel i have a grinding sound for days. My engine light stays on for weeks then just goes off. My seats are stained with blue and orange marker that i can not remove. Thank you for your time.Yours ,May Lookadoo p.s.low head lights dont seem to be bright enough. Again thanks for your time.
This is THE worse vehicle I hace ever owned! I have had nothing but problems since the day I drove it off the lot!! It seems that if it wasn't the brakes it was the wipers (the blades need to be replaced ever 2 - 3 months because they skip so badly) or the check engine light stays on. It's always something. Now that it's paid for I'll keep it but I'll definitelt discourage anyone from buying a Nitro. BUT, if you do decide to buy a Nitro, beware, the dealership will tell you that the seats have some sort of stainproofing that covers the seats and allows you to just wipe stains away. That's not true, your seats will stain even worse, and nothing will get the stains out.
I hear a humming sound for one month. Sounds like its coming from the front of the car. The sound occurs while driving. It gets a little loud with faster speed. The sound stops while at rest. What could be causing this problem. I have recently had a tune-up and fuel injection cleaning. Did not solve the problem.
I own an auto repair business and my sister owns a 2008 Dodge Nitro SXT. I perform all of the serivice work but I have noticed some odd problems that I have rarely seen on other vehicles. I have replaced both calipers due to binding and not releasing before 80K miles. She has 80K on the original spark plugs, but I'm going to change them tomorrow. The tire pressure monitor likes to turn on the light when very cold outside and the pressures are good. Otherwise, she loves it. I personally am not a fan of the vehicle and would have suggested something that gets better mpg.
Have had my Nitro for two years and have put 47000 miles on it ,have only replaced spark plugs,runs great People approach me all the time and ask me what kind of auto it is and that it is very sharp looking Overall I am very happy with my Nitro
The problem is I cant figure out how to get it out of Anti theft mode!?!?!?!
Vehicle purchased for commute and hauling occasional trailers (boat, seados, motorcycle, lawn mower etc.). Hauling works great, however, transmission is a bit clunky requiring some pushing to get the vehicle to downshift for passing. Brake components are already needing replacement - oddest one is brake calipers wearing down faster than expected. Odd failures include two stereo head unit failures and cruise control failure by this point in 3 years of ownership. Note: no handles for entering or exiting SUV from front seats but having handles for back seats seems odd too. Cabin noise was expected when purchased but makes vehicle virtually obsolete in the current vehicle market. Steering is a bit loose but again expected - a commuter vehicle not a sport SUV. Truck based so the ride is rough - expected but given new competition again vehicle obsolete. Body styling decent but cheap interior offsets any impression from the exterior. Stock tires last 60000 miles so there is a plus. And for towing the solid rear axle does outstanding - though for larger trailers the sway is annoying even with a sway control bar. Overall a decent versatile SUV for those who need to tow but can't afford a nicer truck/SUV.