Rough Idle and/or Engine Stalling Condition on Lincoln Aviator

Problem Description and Possible Solution

In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 112,266 (60,000–181,000)
3 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005
11 people reported this problem
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 comments
At first I sprayed a little lube on the throttle cable & all moving parts of the throttle.
This worked great for 3 weeks.
Replaced the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)2 prices $25.99 or Fords part for $69.99.
I used the $26 version. Just had to undo 2 screws, switch sensors, screw back on & fixed.
$26 & less than 10 minutes work... Ford dealership wanted to charge $465 plus parts, plus tax?
rough idle
The car wont stay running in park, lunging forward while driving, gets stuck in acceleration and wont stop. I h as ve not got a dianostic check, just researching on my own.
Driving on freeway D light warning crossed out keeps blinking high ide also swaybar and linkage all bearings done for 81700 miles unreal now mechanic thinks its tranny if lincoln ford doesnt fix this i never buy again or my kin