Rough Idle and/or Engine Stalling Condition on Lincoln Aviator

In high dust areas, problems with the EGR system are common. The filter for the EGR solenoid may plug and cause the EGR to activate when it should not; this can cause the engine to stall. The dirty filter should be replaced to correct this concern.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 118,750 (60,000–181,000)
3 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005
8 people reported this problem
3 people shared problem details
At first I sprayed a little lube on the throttle cable & all moving parts of the throttle. This worked great for 3 weeks. Replaced the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)2 prices $25.99 or Fords part for $69.99. I used the $26 version. Just had to undo 2 screws, switch sensors, screw back on & fixed. $26 & less than 10 minutes work... Ford dealership wanted to charge $465 plus parts, plus tax?
2003 Lincoln Aviator181,000
The car wont stay running in park, lunging forward while driving, gets stuck in acceleration and wont stop. I h as ve not got a dianostic check, just researching on my own.
Is there any way I can disable the Tire Pressure Monitoring System? New wheels and tires and I...
? the alarm system ... turn on like crazy.. in the nigths.. an i dont, know why....?
the front heated seat are not working I check all fuses
Mechanic said "a/c line" was rubbing on radiator and caused hole/freon leak. He said whole line...
i HAVE BEEN GETTING THE PO316 CODE FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS. I HAVE FOUND 7 OTHER LINCOLN AVIATOR...