Honda Civic Hybrid Problems

Problem with the IMA Light on on Honda Civic Hybrid

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The IMA light coming on is usually caused by a battery pack that is no longer charging correctly. Replacing the battery pack will turn off the IMA light.

(108 people reported this problem)

Honda Civic Hybrid Vehicles With This Problem

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 130,469 (12,000–220,000)
8 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, more2007, 2008, 2009, 2011
Not Your Honda Civic Hybrid Problem?
Brake problem? Or maybe a faulty head gasket cylinder?
Learn About Your Car Problems
Search For a Specific Car Problem
Viewing 1-20 of 39 comments
My car is a Honda Civic Hybrid 03 model. But a few days ago the IMA Light on the dashboard and I don't know what I have to do.

Please help me...
Suddenly IMA light turned on while driving. And its not turning off. What is the issue and what much it will take to fix it.
IMA light comes on and goes off depending on fuel tank fill up status it seems. Engine light stays on now and IMA light continues to go on and come off.
IMA light stays on. What does this mean? Only had car for 3 months but recently am having lots of electrical problems
The dealer told me I need a new battery pack for my hybrid. He then said I can drive it without the pack and it will run on gas only. What about that tiny battery. Can it do the job?
I've had the check engine, IMA and SRS lights on for about three years. The dealership declined to repair the SRS saying that the problem was in the wiring harness which "is not part of the SRS system." Although, it boggles the mind to understand how something "not part of the system" could cause the system to potentially not operate correctly. I now have 290,000 miles on the vehicle; still getting 45-48 MPG, even without the IMA operating. Honda technicians assure me that there is no danger of the battery pack overheating or causing a fire, so I plan to drive it to failure.
It's at the dealership now. I will not pay $3000.00 for a new battery. I have frequently experienced a decrease or lull when trying to accelerate. The estimated mpg has been disappointing. I've had to replace tires multiple times and then they came out with a "fix". Hopefully, my tires will last longer. The Honda Civic was my first Honda and possibly my last.
Vehicle check engine light came on. I took the vehicle into my local honda dealership. They told me nothing was wrong with the car and reset the light. Within 2 days the check engine and IMA light both came on
Ima light and engine light turn on at the same time. I disconnected the car battery and reconnect it about a minute later. When I turn the car back on the light turn off. I can drive for about 30 miles before the lights will come back on.
Ima light started coming on sporadically. After a couple months it came on and stayed on. Had to replace battery but Honda paid 75% of cost.
Second time both the check engine light and the IMA light went on. The first time I was told it was a software glitch but if it returned, a new battery with installation costs $6300. Yuck! Guess I am replacing the car.