Problem with the IMA Light on on Honda Civic Hybrid

The IMA light coming on is usually caused by a battery pack that is no longer charging correctly. Replacing the battery pack will turn off the IMA light.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 124,557 (12,000–200,000)
5 model years affected: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, more2009
30 people reported this problem
18 people shared problem details
My car is a Honda Civic Hybrid 03 model. But a few days ago the IMA Light on the dashboard and I don't know what I have to do. Please help me...
Upvoted (11)Flag Inappropriate
I've had the check engine, IMA and SRS lights on for about three years. The dealership declined to repair the SRS saying that the problem was in the wiring harness which "is not part of the SRS system." Although, it boggles the mind to understand how something "not part of the system" could cause the system to potentially not operate correctly. I now have 290,000 miles on the vehicle; still getting 45-48 MPG, even without the IMA operating. Honda technicians assure me that there is no danger of the battery pack overheating or causing a fire, so I plan to drive it to failure.
Upvoted (10)Flag Inappropriate
IMA light comes on and goes off depending on fuel tank fill up status it seems. Engine light stays on now and IMA light continues to go on and come off.
Ima light on and check engine light on
Ima light and check engine light
IMA light on due to hybrid battery failure. Repair costs $2600
Ima light problem
Was away for a while and got back with a flat 12V battery. Took it out to recharge it and upon reinstallation the IMA light came on. I think this is normal. The trouble is that the IMA light would not go off. Also the engine warning light was on. Moreover the red battery light would be on with the engine under 1,400RPM. I tried restarting the car a few times. In the initial check no IMA light would come on. Upon firing up the system would try charging the assist battery (green lights) but this would then stop and the IMA light would come on. No electric assistance was given while driving (battery seemed to be with no power and IMA light was on). I played with it for a while and a bit out of desperation in a stretch of the road with no one around I switched the ignition off while driving (slowly obviously). I turned the ignition on after a sec or so, and mysteriously everything was cured. Both batteries started charging as they should. I recharged the aux battery to full power and everything seems to be in order.
The battery pack costs more than the car's value, so I've been driving with both lights on for years. It masked a problem with the radiator that I'm fortunate didn't cause total loss of the engine.
check engine light, ima light, and eps light came on
IMA Light on my 2009 Honda Civic MX
ImA light on , sometimes it goes off I just drive it with it on
My check engine light went on and IMA light came on as well. I went to the dealership and they told me that the hybrid battery was missing some codes. They reprogrammed the battery and then it went off for a while. Then the light came back on and the dealership said that I need a new hybrid battery. What do I do now?
I went into the dealership that I purchased the car from and they said it would cost around $3,400 for a new one. Nothing can be done to recharge or fix the old one.
Exact same problem, no solution as of yet.
The part was replace, fuel tank had to be removed to get to it, cost was around $300 and the engine light will not go off. When they check it shows IMA, I've had it turned off 5 times and after a day or less check engine light will come back on.
My battery light is on(red, square box). My car is not charging or assisting.
My 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid has 82,000 miles. Just recently my IMA light came on. The dealersh...
Does anbody know how to get rid of that IMA light without replacing the battery pack?I tried re...
Today my wife bought 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid (automatic transmission, mileage=220k) and she fou...