PCM/TCM Software Updates May Address Shifting Problems on Dodge Charger

If you experience rough shift and/or shuddering during gear shifting, software updates to the powertrain control and transmission control modules (PCM and TCM) are available which may address these problems. On higher mileage vehicles, a mechanical failure may exhibit similar symptoms. Proper diagnoses should be performed before any repairs or software upgrades are attempted.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 72,954 (13,300–180,000)
Drive Trains affected: 2WD, AWD, RWD
7 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, more2010, 2011, 2013
56 people reported this problem
32 people shared problem details
2008 Dodge Charger- 2WD79,500
Sometimes, not every time my car will shudder when starting out from 1st to 2nd. If I slow down for a stop sign or light and I don't come to a complete stop and then take off it slips or skips then catches and takes off. This is all at very slow speeds by the way, no abuse of components.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD95,000
At least once a week while driving my 2006 dodge charger lose's power. I can only go 25 to 40 mile's. It will also roll back when in drive like it's not in gear.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD107,985
ECM/PCM Replaced, problem still the same, engine shuts off when idling, transmission doesn't go into gear, Dealer can't seem to locate the problem, afraid to have an accident. taking it back to the dealer.
2007 Dodge Charger- AWD76,335
The car will change into 1and2gear but when it suppos to change in 3rd gesr the car don't want to change into 3rd gear
I noticed that once in a while the ignition seemed "stuck" but it would happen once every few months. Then a couple of months ago it started shaking when in park or at a red light. Now, its shuddering when im trying to gain speed between 30 to 40 or on the highway. I bought it used with 34000 miles from a reputable dealership in January of 2011, I wonder if they sold me a lemon.
2008 Dodge Charger- RWD54,000
It seems the shudder would happen at slow speeds, 10-15 mph when rolling thru my subdivision. It almost feels like the MDS is kicking on, and the tranny is at too high a gear (3rd, when it should be in 2), and the engine struggles to get up the small incline in my neighborhood, before it will downshift. My PCM just got flashed at the dealership a couple days ago and I believe it may have fixed the issue. I am going to pay attention to it now to confirm.
2010 Dodge Charger- 2WD13,600
Had the TCM/PCM software update a month ago due to check engine light on and it just happened again 1/10/11. I was accelerating at low speed and it shuddered from 1st to 2nd and I got instant RPM drop/power loss until low RPM, then back to normal acceleration. Car drives ok but I'm taking back to the dealer for service.
My 08 charger does the same, I can be going 70 and all of the sudden my speed start dropping down to like 20 or 30 mph..still need help on this problem
2010 Dodge Charger- 2WD41,000
Intermittent hard shifting from 1st to 2nd, or exactly at 10 mph, very similar to report #3. Mechanic reset error message in computer but it is happening again.
shudderring feel when shifting from first to second gear
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD141,000
Torque converter clutch shudder at cruise and during downshift. Started after engine removal rebuild reinstall. 15,000 miles driven on rebuild is fine. Doesn't shudder when in manual tcm downshift.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD130,000
2013 Dodge Charger- AWD
My Charger is an AWD 5.7. It shudders and clunks when it down shifts. Took it to dealer and they said they could not find the problem. I am going to go to another dealer.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD86,000
Shuddered going from 1st to 2nd gear few times so I put my car up then few days later lost all power while driving and the car shut off
2011 Dodge Charger47,000
Shifts hard going up and down from 1st to second gear.
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD85,000
stalls at low speeds 15 and under randomly 1-2 times a month also after a fill up it dies after the first left turn every time like clockwork but does not do it again tell i fill up again even if i turn again right after restart it will always restart even if i put it in neutral and continue to coast it will start right away the shuttering happens at low speeds when accelerating at a steady .
2011 Dodge Charger- RWD65,000
rough shifting 1st to 2nd gear. jerky feeling
2006 Dodge Charger- RWD40,000
Transmission is skipping and not shifting properly
2013 Dodge Charger- AWD23,000
Rough Shifting
2009 Dodge Charger- RWD55,000
check engine light came on, next it went into limp mode. diagnostic said code p2767, speed sensor. has not been fixed
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what this code means and how to fix the problem?
A harsh 4-3 downshift or other shift quality issues may develop. Revised transmission control module (TCM) software has been released to address these concerns.
There may be an intermittent three- to five-second delay between when you turn the key and when...
"False" trouble codes may cause erroneous illumination of the Check Engine Light. Updating the...