Honda Civic Si Problems

Faulty 3rd gear assembly causing shifting problems on Honda Civic Si

Problem Description and Possible Solution

On the Si, a faulty 3rd gear can cause problems shifting into third gear. Removing the transmission and replacing the third gear assembly is required to repair this issue.
(27 people reported this problem)

Honda Civic Si Vehicles With This Problem

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 62,318 (15,000–108,000)
Drive Train affected: Manual Transmission
3 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008
Not Your Honda Civic Si Problem?
Brake problem? Or maybe a faulty head gasket cylinder?
Learn About Your Car Problems
Search For a Specific Car Problem
Viewing 1-16 of 16 comments
I bought this car used at 60,000 miles. 3rd gear routinely pops out when driving. around 80,000 miles 5th gear began to get a notchy grind every time I shifted into, and sometimes would pop out while driving as well. Dealership nor extended warranty offered to fix. Never buy a 2006 Honda Civic Si.
I first reported the troublesome 3rd gear a month after purchase. I still have problems with it and just found out there was a TSB on the problem. The dealership never informed me of it. I plan to go in with a copy of the TSB and have this addressed.
they took out my trans. and fixed the problem but also tore the boots on my struts/shocks and didnt make it right pretty sorry i thought also made me pay for part of my rental cause the warranty only payed for 7 days and it took them around 10 or 11 days to fix it also not very nice of them. i mean isnt that why i paid extra to start with so i wouldnt have to pay so much out of pocket
3rd grinds when i shift it from second gear i need help knowing what should i replace to fix this problem,
Is this true? I was having problems shifting into third. I thought it was me. I have 36,190 on my car now. I'll check with honda.
I have intermittent problems with 3rd gear. I have heard Honda will replace this at the dealership if you are under 80k - I have yet to try.