Mercedes-Benz ML430 Problem Report

Mercedes-Benz ML430 Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure

(21 reports)

The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall. In most cases the engine will need to cool down a bit before it will restart but in some cases it may restart right away.

Part failed while driving my 3 year old around in 103 degree heat. Mechanic wanted over $600 to fix and said it would take 7-10 days to get the part. Fixed it ourselves for $70, but totally inconvenient. Hate this car. -
Car died after crossing the stop light. Took several tried before I was able to get the truck started. How do I fix the problem. -
Truck died on my wife in the middle of 5pm traffic on a Friday she got help to push it off the road it stated a few minutes later and went about 2 miles and died again she got help pushing it off the road again and called me I called flat bed to come get it. It was a pain to change it but I've had to fix worse things on American cars -
car shut off after running a while -
Engine would run rough and shut down when at a stand-still. Engine would not restart until a 15-20 minute cool down period. Had the crankshaft sensor replaced and haven't experienced this problem since. -
intermittent no start and multiple misfire codes stored -
bought part online at autowarehous.com for 45.00. -
Truck stopped while driving, disconnected the battery it cranked but next day it did the same thing without driving just parked and it didn't crank back up. I don't know what the problem is. -
Ignition turns, but cannot start. Happened sporadically and progressively worsened. Problem first isolated when stopped, but today had major episode of ML shutting down while at 50 mph on freeway. Still had all other functions such as brakes and power steering, but no fuel was going to engine. Luckily, I was able to pull over and after 30 mins, able to start again and make it to shop. -
my car stalled.it stopped when the cranck sensour was changed -
my friend had same problem. He changed the cps and problem went away -
waiting time for restarting vehicle is approximately 20 minutes. car stops during short travels. -
Wouldnt start would have to wait 20-30min to start, replaced and so far no problems. -
how do you fix the problem -
I start the truck and 5 minutes later it cuts off. This can be driving or park with engine running. I restart and exactly five mins later it cuts off again. This may happen again 5 minutes later and then the check engine light comes on and stays on. -
engine will die at stop lights or when slowing down to a stop. It may start up right away or it...
It will start, but after a period of time it will shut down, but when it cools it will start ba...
it crang but it w'nt start the engine?
how do i replace the crankshaft sensor
three days ago when my daughter drive my car it stuck in the road, it won't move forward and ba...