Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor on Mercedes-Benz S550

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 64,108 (7,818–117,877)
4 model years affected: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
16 people reported this problem
8 people shared problem details
Won't even turn over. Battery fully charged. Slight, faint electronic noise for about 2 seconds. Then silence.
I purchased a pre-owned 2007 MB S550 (43,000 miles). I encountered two problems; #1. Engine check light comes on while driving on the road. The engine is shaking badly when the engine check light comes on and the problem goes away when I restart then engine with the key. #2. Occasionally, I am unable to strat the engine. The engine would start when the gear is put in "N" instead of "P". Are these problems associates with Crankshaft Sensor Failure??
Dealer found and repaired problem during B service.
I would drive it out and when I would try to leave the location. The car wouldn't start but the lights and everything else work fine. I would try to start the car and maybe an hour or once the car cool down it would start up like nothing happened. I haven't had it check out yet but home in the garage. What can I do or what sound like the problem?
When I got my s550 3 weeks ago, it stalled as I started it up. It kept stalling. I didn't drive it must because I was going to get the car checked out at the dealership. I had just kept it in the garage. Yesterday I drove it to the bank, then I left and went to dry cleaners. Was in there 5mins. As I left car won't start up. I had. To get it towed to the dealership. Had battery tested(13.2 volts) Good Battery. Waiting to see what the damage is. I want the dealer to cover all cost.
Haven't gotten it fixed yet Towing it tonight
It started and drove and then acted up I turned the key it seemed like it started and then stalled and just now only makes like a whining noise not sure what it is
same problem code p10016 took it back to were i got the car all they did was reset the code,they told me they fixed it were down the road around 8 miles the the check engine light came back on.i called the dealer back its going back to there shop on monday i hope it my last 27 mile trip for this issue
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail...
engine is not smooth when cold, exhaust from engine is loud and throaty when cold, once car is...
How much does it cost to repair airbags
My navigation display randomly oscillates +/- 10 degrees as if it is attempting to find the HOM...