Car Problem Reports

Mercedes-Benz E350 Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure

Mercedes-Benz E350 Problem
26 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2014

Average Mileage: 74,298 mi (24,000 mi - 150,000 mi)

Verified

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

•  Rookie

Went to go home after work and my car started for like 2 seconds then died from a cold start. had been getting a cam position sensor trouble code on bank one but car ran just fine. after car wouldn't start this time I ran a scan and got code P0336 crankshaft position sensor fault! funny thing is I had just taken my car to dealership to get my satellite radio checked out. they did a recall on the camshaft wiring recall. funny thing is I told them
    i had seen a trouble code for camshaft sensor and they said if its the crank sensor they would need to pull motor and it would cost around $4000 to fix. Thats got me thinking they rigged my car to fail...ugg I just hope this is a fairly easy fix.

I have done some research and The sensor is on drivers side of engine in rear. check wiring and plug for damage.
    Can anyone help with this issue???? Thanks

•  Rookie

engine will crank but wont start, Mercedes dealer claims is not the crank shaft sensor, no problems were found give back car with the same problem

• The car would not start this morning. Tried several times with no luck. Finally started, so I drove straight to the repair shop. The Crank Shaft Sensor had to be replaced.

• , , 24,000 mi

engine cranks good but no fire no start at all

• , , 52,457 mi

Check engine light, hard to start, sluggish acceleration and no acceleration when floored.
    Dealer replaced crankshaft position sensor - $288 parts and labor.
    Problem fixed.

• I have had this problem since 2010. Service Dept. say they did not find anything! It has finally just stopped working at all.

•  Rookie

Car will attempt to start then not. Also will not accellerate when gas pedal is pressed after stopping

•  Rookie

at start or while driving motor either doesn't start or shuts off even at road speed.

•  Rookie

I have been experiencing a no start condition. This occurs randomly. Usually after 2 - 3 cranks the car will start and has never stalled. Mechanics tell me that there are no codes that indicate a problem and they have started many times over a 5 - 7 day period and it has not happened while in their position. I am very frustrated because it is a real problem which I know will only get worse. I reported this problem during my warranty period and still not resolved. Not sure where to turn next.

• , , 85,000 mi