Mercedes-Benz E350 Problems

Stalling and/or "Crank no Start" Due to Failed Crankshaft Position Sensor on Mercedes-Benz E350

Problem Description and Possible Solution

The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.

(55 people reported this problem)

Mercedes-Benz E350 Vehicles With This Problem

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 85,832 (1,600–169,041)
7 model years affected: 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, more2010, 2014, 2016
Not Your Mercedes-Benz E350 Problem?
Brake problem? Or maybe a faulty head gasket cylinder?
Learn About Your Car Problems
Search For a Specific Car Problem
Viewing 1-20 of 22 comments
Went to go home after work and my car started for like 2 seconds then died from a cold start. had been getting a cam position sensor trouble code on bank one but car ran just fine. after car wouldn't start this time I ran a scan and got code P0336 crankshaft position sensor fault! funny thing is I had just taken my car to dealership to get my satellite radio checked out. they did a recall on the camshaft wiring recall. funny thing is I told them
i had seen a trouble code for camshaft sensor and they said if its the crank sensor they would need to pull motor and it would cost around $4000 to fix. Thats got me thinking they rigged my car to fail...ugg I just hope this is a fairly easy fix.

I have done some research and The sensor is on drivers side of engine in rear. check wiring and plug for damage.
Can anyone help with this issue???? Thanks
I had to replace the crank shaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensors due to stalling. the check engine light does not come on but my car continues to stall. I took the vehicle to my local Mercedes Benz dealer and they held my car for three days. And according to them they could not replicate my problem and found nothing wrong with my car. I picked up my car and the very next day my problem continued. My car stalls occasionally at red lights. I don't know what to do..
engine will crank but wont start, Mercedes dealer claims is not the crank shaft sensor, no problems were found give back car with the same problem
The car would not start this morning. Tried several times with no luck. Finally started, so I drove straight to the repair shop. The Crank Shaft Sensor had to be replaced.
Check engine light, hard to start, sluggish acceleration and no acceleration when floored.
Dealer replaced crankshaft position sensor - $288 parts and labor.
Problem fixed.
I have been experiencing a no start condition. This occurs randomly. Usually after 2 - 3 cranks the car will start and has never stalled. Mechanics tell me that there are no codes that indicate a problem and they have started many times over a 5 - 7 day period and it has not happened while in their position. I am very frustrated because it is a real problem which I know will only get worse. I reported this problem during my warranty period and still not resolved. Not sure where to turn next.
I have had this problem since 2010. Service Dept. say they did not find anything! It has finally just stopped working at all.
Engine would crank but not start. Magnetic sensors replaced (outside of the warranty) and vehicle works fine.
I was told to replace the intake manifold. This problem did nothing to correct it. I still have the stalling and temperature light comes on. I am afraid to drive it. I also believe the mechanic just took my money and will not go back to him. Found out he had driven my car out of town and went to movies over the weekend (left tickets in the car) when my car was supposed to be in the shop.
Driving at 60 MPH on highway. Car started to slow down. Luckily I had enough momentum to pull over to side of the highway, Towed to dealer. Sid it was crankshaft sensor. It would cost $425 to fix..
Check engine light is ON, the shop ran diagnostic and it said camshaft sensors problem.
The shop replaced all sensors, and problem is till there. The shop suggested replacing crankshaft gear and would cost many thounsands of dollar.
code 0276.-continous camshaft adjustment(LEFT) Incorrect position of the intake camshaft. Dealer saya there is no recall or warranty regarding this specific problem. Appointment with dealer is on 11-08-10
A failed crankshaft position sensor left me struggling to go from 36 to 41mph on the freeway while I was flooring it. It took at least 30 seconds to accelerate 5 mph. My car was a whopping 7 weeks new. Since that incident I've had it in the shop 3 more times for transmission issues. It will not hold the values and shifts like crap. Hoping corporate buys back my car under CA Lemon Law guidelines.
My 2006 E350 failed to start : Starter motor turns but engine won't start.
The next morning it started normaly few times.
But again on the second day it turns and smell gas but engine did not start.
What is the problem could be ?
2 weeks of use, only 700 miles. Car has delayed to start several times, I could hear the starter for 6 to 8sec and then it would start. Failed to start a couple of times. I also felt the car sluggish while running, in Eco or sport mode. After 4 or 5 times it delayed to start, the check engine light lite-up. Drove to the dealership and now they say the problem is the crankshaft position sensor.