Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- having problems with finding cause of car starting?
- My daughters Cabrio just had a major backfire. Any suggestions?
- fuel gauge was working 1 minute then I looked & it was reading empty
- My 96 Cabrio will not start.
- need to know how to set timingon a 2000vwcabrio--2.0 and picture of gears and how they line-up send to my e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
I am working a 2001 V.W. Cabrio and we stuck a new battery in but now it is not starting when I turn the Key. At first I thought it was just the battery but now I'm wondering if it is also the starter, spark plug, distributor cap or the Key ignition or if it could also be a cross wiring of th...
She was just driving along and it backfired. This is the first time it has happened
I have a 96 Cabrio it is a standard. When you turn the key the headlights work but wont turn over. I have checked the terminals, the starter, and I am checking all of the relays but nothing seems to be the problem. I would love it if there is anything you can think of that may help. Thank you for...
Volkswagen Cabrio Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1998 Cabrio, 1997-1999 Jetta, and 1998-2003 Passat models because the fuel tank filler neck can suffer abrasion damage if the rear tire goes flat and the vehicle is driven until the tire disintegrates. This may lead to fuel leakage, which can result in a fire. Depending on the model, there are different solutions to the problem. Contact Volkswagen at 1-800-822-8987 for more information.
Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
A used cabrio is an *awesome* deal. Cheap, fun, and light, they'll toss out more performance than you'd believe - who would have thought you could get whiplash with a beater 110hp convertible? This car beats the rap of being a chick car. With a few tweaks like a modern MP3 stereo system, you'll have fun for years. I bought mine used w/90k miles for $5500 and now have ~245k miles on it!
I have had the car for almost a year. I had it checked out before I bought it and had to replace a few belts including the timing belt because the mechanic suggested it would be time soon enough. I LOVE the car but have to look past a few issues with it. My brake light comes on out of the blue even though the previous owner had them replaced a few months before I bought it (I saw the receipt). ...
2001 VW Cabrio...... will start when cold. from time to time it will not start when warm. engine cranks fine but nothing.