Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- My car won't start with key. The only way to get car started is to jump start
- Convertible Top Issue. Back seat drivers side window down about an inch.
- keys work to start car but will not work to lock car
- How To deactivate anti-theft system and reset alarm? Car wont Start locks froze
- car cuts off while driving did not start back up.
Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
When I turn key nothing doesn't even try to start. battery ok lights ok.
Thinking about buying this car but the one we looked at had the back seat drivers side window down about an inch. Did not see where we could get the window to come up. Any advice would be appreciated.
just purchase car 2 weeks ago .did not check to see if the doors would lock thank,s
Volkswagen Cabrio Recalls
Volkswagen has recalled certain 1998 Cabrio, 1997-1999 Jetta, and 1998-2003 Passat models because the fuel tank filler neck can suffer abrasion damage if the rear tire goes flat and the vehicle is driven until the tire disintegrates. This may lead to fuel leakage, which can result in a fire. Depending on the model, there are different solutions to the problem. Contact Volkswagen at 1-800-822-8987 for more information.
Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
A used cabrio is an *awesome* deal. Cheap, fun, and light, they'll toss out more performance than you'd believe - who would have thought you could get whiplash with a beater 110hp convertible? This car beats the rap of being a chick car. With a few tweaks like a modern MP3 stereo system, you'll have fun for years. I bought mine used w/90k miles for $5500 and now have ~245k miles on it!
I have had the car for almost a year. I had it checked out before I bought it and had to replace a few belts including the timing belt because the mechanic suggested it would be time soon enough. I LOVE the car but have to look past a few issues with it. My brake light comes on out of the blue even though the previous owner had them replaced a few months before I bought it (I saw the receipt). ...
2001 VW Cabrio...... will start when cold. from time to time it will not start when warm. engine cranks fine but nothing.