1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- My car won't start with key. The only way to get car started is to jump start
- How To deactivate anti-theft system and reset alarm? Car wont Start locks froze
- Fuel pump runs all the time. Will quit when fuse is removed. Continues if relay
- My daughters Cabrio just had a major backfire. Any suggestions?
- my car has low compression what could be the cause?
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
When I turn key nothing doesn't even try to start. battery ok lights ok.
She was just driving along and it backfired. This is the first time it has happened
the car starts and runs but the engine shakes... it does have some power especially when im driving 40 and over... but the start acceleration is slow at first
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
Got this car almost 2 months ago, after totalling my previous car ((Which was not a VW)) and desperatly needed a car to get to work and school. Days after buying it, I thoughrouly regretted ever spending money on this pos. I've have to re-align the car twice already, replace nearly all of the lights, the left dashlight doesn't work, so at night I can't see how fast I'm going. ((I got some bl...
Overall, I LOVE this car. My cigarette lighter and cruise control stopped working at the same time. My motor for the top doesn't work, so I open/close it manually. But, still one of the best cars I've owned