1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- my car has low compression what could be the cause?
- When I've been driving lately, when I make turns, a little red gas can indicator turns on, beeps, and flashes. I was wondering what could be the cause of this issue and how I could handle it?
- when I make turns, a little red gas can indicator turns on, beeps, and flashes.
- what can cause my car to idle wrong and misfire sometimes
- I have a vw golf cabrio v reg and this last year I have noticed an intermittent
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
the car starts and runs but the engine shakes... it does have some power especially when im driving 40 and over... but the start acceleration is slow at first
When I've been driving lately, when I make turns, a little red gas can indicator turns on, beeps, and flashes. I was wondering what could be the cause of this issue and how I could handle it
I have a vw golf cabrio v reg and this last year I have noticed an intermittent fault where the car suddenly loses power. It slows down and the dash lights come on to show stalled. It happens on and off but more when petrol tank down to quarter full. I have had a mechanic use diagnostic and the r...
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
Got this car almost 2 months ago, after totalling my previous car ((Which was not a VW)) and desperatly needed a car to get to work and school. Days after buying it, I thoughrouly regretted ever spending money on this pos. I've have to re-align the car twice already, replace nearly all of the lights, the left dashlight doesn't work, so at night I can't see how fast I'm going. ((I got some bl...
Overall, I LOVE this car. My cigarette lighter and cruise control stopped working at the same time. My motor for the top doesn't work, so I open/close it manually. But, still one of the best cars I've owned