1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- my AC is all of a sudden not cooling the cabin air. Is there an easy fix?
- How do I add power steering to my cabrio 1999
- I reset my transmission by holding the gas pedal down as suggested.
- I have a volkswagen 99 cabrio 5 speed high rpms ifeven in 5th gear60mph its at 3
- Coolant started to leak out of hose as well as under the coolant retaing ball
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
Turned the engine on and the "check engine" light is on now. It's sometimes missing when i start from a stop. Do you suggest driving at a high speed to reset the engine light? Also how do you know if you need transmission fluid?
When I turn key nothing doesn't even try to start. battery ok lights ok.
1999 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
Got this car almost 2 months ago, after totalling my previous car ((Which was not a VW)) and desperatly needed a car to get to work and school. Days after buying it, I thoughrouly regretted ever spending money on this pos. I've have to re-align the car twice already, replace nearly all of the lights, the left dashlight doesn't work, so at night I can't see how fast I'm going. ((I got some bl...
Overall, I LOVE this car. My cigarette lighter and cruise control stopped working at the same time. My motor for the top doesn't work, so I open/close it manually. But, still one of the best cars I've owned