1997 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
A coolant leak may develop after oil filter replacement. When tightening or loosening the oil filter the filter housing may turn damaging the coolant o-ring seal. The recommended procedure is to hold the filter housing when tightening or loosening the oil filter.
1997 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
Burped air but no coolant circulating.Pump looks intact, no noises, leaks, impeller is intact. Could water pump seem good but have impeller spinning on shaft?
The car runs fine after the sun comes up and it gets closer to noon, but won't start in the morning. Sometimes it will fire up and run for 5 or so seconds, and then quits. I had the fuel system checked and the mechanic says that it is an electrical problem that he is not equipped to deal wi...