2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- Switch turns on and off but won't start
- Convertible Top Issue. Back seat drivers side window down about an inch.
- Dear Sir. i have opel astra 2001 . 1200CC and i have error code p0170.
- how do I find out why my 2001 vw cabrio conv.dumped all the oil on the ground?
- I have poor heat but it seamsthe heater core has flow
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
Power comes on but has no starting power
Thinking about buying this car but the one we looked at had the back seat drivers side window down about an inch. Did not see where we could get the window to come up. Any advice would be appreciated.
i tried to change the O2 sensor but not working fine. and i found that the sensor cable not connected and some wire not connected. so that i need your help to check this cable and how can check if this cable connected well or not.
Tanks for your help
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Recalls
2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
I have had the car for almost a year. I had it checked out before I bought it and had to replace a few belts including the timing belt because the mechanic suggested it would be time soon enough. I LOVE the car but have to look past a few issues with it. My brake light comes on out of the blue even though the previous owner had them replaced a few months before I bought it (I saw the receipt). ...
2001 VW Cabrio...... will start when cold. from time to time it will not start when warm. engine cranks fine but nothing.
Bought this car used with 53,000 miles. I have had one problem after another. Just put $1,300 into car in last 30 days. Please if considering buying a Cabrio, Do not. Parts are expensive and car is unreliable.