2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Coolant Leak From Oil Filter Housing O-Ring
- need to know how to set timingon a 2000vwcabrio--2.0 and picture of gears and how they line-up send to my e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- how to set the timing on a 2000vwcabrio,2.0
- how to set timing on a 2.0 picture of belts and such or diagram appreciated
- My windows leak when it rains (pillars, where top connects to wndshield)
- My convertible top just suddenly stopped working. There is no movement at all.
2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
I used the top down on the way to tennis, then put it back up. No problem. The next day nothing would haven. Not even slight movement or sound. What could it be?
when i turn the key i can hear a click sound coming from the fuse/relay area. i had the starter tested and was told it was good. the battery tested good as well and i made sure all my connections were tight and secure. i can seem to get it to ture over its driving me nuts because im sure its somt...
car started a while ago now i press clutch and turn key over and get nothing. had my brother wiggle wires around and kicked over once now nothing. any idea where to start?
2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Recalls
2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
I bought my car new in 2000 . I have had very few problems. The check engine light did stay on until burned out. The back passenger side brake light has a short sometimes works sometimes not. I did have to change the vacuum pump for door lock. 13 years and 150000 miles later I still l9ve my car.
Bought the car used with 50,000 miles on it. It now has 118,000 miles. It handles impressively in emergencies (2 in 70, 000 miles), I replaced the timing chain as scheduled and disabled the power top (big improvement). Good mileage (26 - 36 mpg). Downsides: the heater couldn't quite keep up driving at night when it was 25 below zero. The wind noise is high over about 60 MPH. It drips a li...
I bought this car 4 years ago in 2005 with only 44,000 miles on it. I have had one problem after another. First the brake pads went out at 50,000 miles, then the Seat rack needed complete replacement at 55,000 miles. Now, I was told I need to replace the throttle body and airflow sensor which will cost $1,000 and then the steering shift is loose so I will have to pay $500 to replace bushings. C...