2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- My car began hesitating upon take off, the gear is beginning to slip as I shift
- Car won't start, although it is in park, the dash board says it is in drive
- should i pay $1100 to get my 2002 Cabrio on the road again. It has 105,000miles
- Why does the horn goes off and on while I am driving.
- How costly is it to replace the passenger window seals?
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
Took car to transmission place and a
Was accessed to need a valve body. What is the estimate to do the repairs? Does this access meant seem conclusive.? Thank you. The hesitating and noticeable gear shifting difficulty now happens daily as opposed to occasionally.
the things that need to be fix are the time belt, air flow sensor, coolant sensor and flange and cap and rotor. Is it worth getting these repairs done?
I am afraid to drive the car. How can I get this cheaply fix?
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
BRILLIANT little buggy...I LOVE IT!!!! No problems as of yet ...I get 39 mph at 75mph! Its nible and quick and with slightly wider tires than factory spec there is unlimited grip on sharp corners.
Bought this car brand new in 2002. Eight years later, still have it with no problem at all.
I bought this POS for my daughter wrongly thinking VWs were reliable. We have had constant problems with it, the most expensive, frustrating and recent being the secondary air injection system which will not allow it to pass state inspection. My one experience with Volkswagen has been a nightmare.