2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio
- Reverse Gear Failures and Noise in Manual Transmission Models are Common
- Difficult to Diagnose Electrical Issues Are Typically Due to Ground Issues
- High Mileage Automatic Transmissions May Have Shifting Problems
- Air Leaks And EVAP Faults Causing Check Engine Light
- Power Windows Fail More Often Than Manually Operated Window Cranks
- car cranks fine 5speed when going down road it cuts off takes about 6or7 trie to
- Cost to replace windsheild washer container
- Power window on the passenger side won't go down. All other windows work.
- What can I do to fix the P0441 code?
- Where are the fuses/breakers/relays for the power windows and roof?
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Problems
Reverse gear failures and noise in the manual transmission models are common.
Electrical issues that are difficult to diagnose—and sometimes intermittent—are typically due to ground wiring issues. The most troublesome ground locations are under the battery or at the engine.
Shifting issues due to internal problems in high mileage automatic transmissions can be difficult to resolve without transmission replacement.
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Questions
just purchase car 2 weeks ago .did not check to see if the doors would lock thank,s
My 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio will not start, but will crank. It was running perfectly normal all day. I have been driving it back and forth between class and home all day, and no problems. However, when I went to start my car tonight it would not start, but only crank. The engine is getting fuel. We...
I checked the master switch wasn't that...this 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio GLXis circuit breaker protectedbut the circuit breakers are good...I purchased an all data subscription online wasn't much help I basically need a picture of a 2002 Volkswagen Cabrio fuse box...So I can make sure the fu...
2002 Volkswagen Cabrio Reviews
BRILLIANT little buggy...I LOVE IT!!!! No problems as of yet ...I get 39 mph at 75mph! Its nible and quick and with slightly wider tires than factory spec there is unlimited grip on sharp corners.
Bought this car brand new in 2002. Eight years later, still have it with no problem at all.
I bought this POS for my daughter wrongly thinking VWs were reliable. We have had constant problems with it, the most expensive, frustrating and recent being the secondary air injection system which will not allow it to pass state inspection. My one experience with Volkswagen has been a nightmare.