Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- How much does it cost for Ignition lock and tumbler failure?
- malfunction light on and pulls bad to right after changed flat and rotated tires
- Previous owner put 225/50 R16 tires on front wheels. They now need replacing.
- Passenger side window winds up but often won't wind down.
- moving forward from stop: engine revs up but no go. Or lurches forward 2-3 times
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
i had a tire shop mount the tire on the rim and i put it on myself, about month ago i had a tire go bad so its been changed and no issues, this time i bought two tires and so i rotated them, putting the two new ones in the back ( the one changed a month ago was in back and now its in front. the t...
Stop, put in park, then drive, press gas and all ok. Done this 4-5 times past 3 weeks.
Also will not start or run until fuel is sprayed into the intake
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
I recently purchased a used 2001 Mercedes benz SLK230 It is an amazing car. The brakes due to its complex stopping capeability, do wear down faster as with any other high end vehicle and you should expect to replace rotors and brakes everytime for safety. The car has an amazing feel while driving even after it being 10 years old. It has more features in 2001 than some current car companies are ...
ive had this car for 6 years...it has 130,000 miles on it and ive never had an issue with it beside normal maintance. I use it as an everyday car, so it gets a lot of wear and tear...some of the vinyl on consol has peeled and my visor clips are broke on driver side, but then again, the car is 11 years old...i still get compliements on this car...and i tell everyone its 11 years old!
Ok. I have to brag about my car. I've never thought of buying a Mercedes but my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT is giving me problems. I recently turned 46 and thought of getting a convertible. I test drove one of the convertible BMW(can't recall model/series) but it handle not too shabby. I asked the used car dealer to show me anothe convertible. He showed me this car and i fell immediately in lov...