Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- hi ive cleaned the maf but the car is still acting up on acceleration
- How do I reset the key fob?
- Intermittent no start. Engine would crank but not start. I would come back an hour later and car starts without problem. Any idea what could cause?
- Went to the car wash last night, now the alarm continuously goes off throughout.
- my alarm system is going off on it own .
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
how can you tell if the maf sensor is faulty or what else can i look for thats causing this fault
Constantly and without cause
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
I recently purchased a used 2001 Mercedes benz SLK230 It is an amazing car. The brakes due to its complex stopping capeability, do wear down faster as with any other high end vehicle and you should expect to replace rotors and brakes everytime for safety. The car has an amazing feel while driving even after it being 10 years old. It has more features in 2001 than some current car companies are ...
ive had this car for 6 years...it has 130,000 miles on it and ive never had an issue with it beside normal maintance. I use it as an everyday car, so it gets a lot of wear and tear...some of the vinyl on consol has peeled and my visor clips are broke on driver side, but then again, the car is 11 years old...i still get compliements on this car...and i tell everyone its 11 years old!
First and last Mercedes I will own. I am extremely disappointed with the cost of ownership, reliability is extremely poor.