Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
I have been told it's just a faulty scener switch?
It has been like this for about a year. Every once in a while it will work normally for a few days, but mostly not. The odometer works fine. Banging on the dash didn't seem to help. Thanks.
how to remove and replace shift console. Can move lever, but car only drives in 1st when in drive. Also, I don't have ability to push lever to right or left to down/upshift. dash says D only. Thank you.
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
I recently purchased a used 2001 Mercedes benz SLK230 It is an amazing car. The brakes due to its complex stopping capeability, do wear down faster as with any other high end vehicle and you should expect to replace rotors and brakes everytime for safety. The car has an amazing feel while driving even after it being 10 years old. It has more features in 2001 than some current car companies are ...
ive had this car for 6 years...it has 130,000 miles on it and ive never had an issue with it beside normal maintance. I use it as an everyday car, so it gets a lot of wear and tear...some of the vinyl on consol has peeled and my visor clips are broke on driver side, but then again, the car is 11 years old...i still get compliements on this car...and i tell everyone its 11 years old!
First and last Mercedes I will own. I am extremely disappointed with the cost of ownership, reliability is extremely poor.