1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Fuel gauge problem
- The water temp and rpm gauges drop to zero and then back to correct frequently.
- all turn signal lights come on but done of them flash. how do you fix it?
- the right turn signal doesn't work, looks like the bulbs are good eflashers work
- how to troubleshoot a headlight washer not working on a 99 slk 230.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
When I pressed the door open section on the remote the car sounds the same as if it was locking. I tried new battries in the remote but no good. I can't get in any ideas?
there is a little green light to the right of the headlamp switch that stays on. And the two red lights to the left of the headlamp switch flash and beep when i am near automatic doors or police radar. Computer problem???
Is there a standard 5 digit code that can be accessed via some sort of website with Vin Number?
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
Good car I have 165000 miles on my 1999, and it is running good had to do a litlle extra when i bought it, 3 years ago but had little to do since. Still fun and has pep
I am the third owner of a fully loaded Sport Pkg SLK230 with 115,000 miles on the odometer. Since purchasing, I have had to replace the front end ball joints and connecting rods which also meant replacing the front tires which had worn prematurely on the edges. I purchased the interior paint from a place in Australia and that solved the ugly interior look. I have been very happy with the ...
I love my car. I had a Mazda RX7 before this and the SLK is much more substantial and feels more sturdy. Plus it has a ton more airbags than my Mazda did. As long as you are aware that the SLK isn't going to have all the luxury bells and whistles that another car in the same price bracket does, you won't be disappointed. I love the ease in lowering the top on warm days and the power off ...