1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- trunk would not lock closed, top would not go up and then every thing worked ok
- Cdc player is not recognized by the radio rec eiver,.says no cd player.why
- car will not start after replacing key fob batteries it started once. I have res
- My car blows water and air eback through the radiator
- I am trying to reset the radio. I was given the radio code and have entered it.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
top was down and I opened trunk and then it would not lock closed ,after sitting a few hours every thing worked fine ?Never did that before .no codes I could trip the lock with a screw driver but would not lock when closed
have reset key fob. dash lights come on when I try to crank. battery has been charged that does not seem to want to hold a charge.
Also will not start or run until fuel is sprayed into the intake
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
Good car I have 165000 miles on my 1999, and it is running good had to do a litlle extra when i bought it, 3 years ago but had little to do since. Still fun and has pep
I am the third owner of a fully loaded Sport Pkg SLK230 with 115,000 miles on the odometer. Since purchasing, I have had to replace the front end ball joints and connecting rods which also meant replacing the front tires which had worn prematurely on the edges. I purchased the interior paint from a place in Australia and that solved the ugly interior look. I have been very happy with the ...
I love my car. I had a Mazda RX7 before this and the SLK is much more substantial and feels more sturdy. Plus it has a ton more airbags than my Mazda did. As long as you are aware that the SLK isn't going to have all the luxury bells and whistles that another car in the same price bracket does, you won't be disappointed. I love the ease in lowering the top on warm days and the power off ...