1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- H͙o͙w͙ t͙o͙ r͙e͙p͙l͙a͙c͙e͙ t͙h͙e͙ m͙a͙s͙s͙ a͙i͙r͙ f͙l͙o͙w͙ s͙e͙n͙s͙o͙r͙
- my car keeps losing power and stalling. Sometimes it just wont start at all.
- s/c clutch problems
- Previous owner put 225/50 R16 tires on front wheels. They now need replacing.
- Passenger side window winds up but often won't wind down.
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
how can you tell if the maf sensor is faulty or what else can i look for thats causing this fault
Website link would be appreciated. Thanks
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
Ok. I have to brag about my car. I've never thought of buying a Mercedes but my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT is giving me problems. I recently turned 46 and thought of getting a convertible. I test drove one of the convertible BMW(can't recall model/series) but it handle not too shabby. I asked the used car dealer to show me anothe convertible. He showed me this car and i fell immediately in lov...
Having problems with the alarm system otherwise runs like new!
This is preliminary due to the fact I had a prior owner that didn't show it much love - I have a little making up to do and discovery of what she needs for love at this point! All in all solid, good car!