1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- hi ive cleaned the maf but the car is still acting up on acceleration
- Intermittent no start. Engine would crank but not start. I would come back an hour later and car starts without problem. Any idea what could cause?
- I have a 98slk 230 and the tail lights , brake lights and turn signals trouble
- I changed my battery and got the + - crossed. Cranks, starts, then engine dies.
- Check Engine light was on after having heater duo valve replaced at dealer.
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
how can you tell if the maf sensor is faulty or what else can i look for thats causing this fault
Website link would be appreciated. Thanks
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
1998 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
Ok. I have to brag about my car. I've never thought of buying a Mercedes but my 2000 Ford Explorer XLT is giving me problems. I recently turned 46 and thought of getting a convertible. I test drove one of the convertible BMW(can't recall model/series) but it handle not too shabby. I asked the used car dealer to show me anothe convertible. He showed me this car and i fell immediately in lov...
Having problems with the alarm system otherwise runs like new!
This is preliminary due to the fact I had a prior owner that didn't show it much love - I have a little making up to do and discovery of what she needs for love at this point! All in all solid, good car!