2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Purchased this car two weeks ago. Can't get the top to go down.
- replaced fuse for driver side electric seat adjust doesnt always work tho, why?
- air circulation fan not working but started after a rough road of 70 kms...?
- Where's the oil drain plug located on a SLK 230 Kompressor?
- How to stop oil throwing
2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
Want to change my own oil vs having to pay a big fee to M-B dealer. I have the synthetic oil on habd and a filter to fit. I need to know where the oil drain plug is loctaed so I can drain the oil.
check engine light on
I need to know what should be performed and when.