2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Hinges For Sun Visor May Break
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- Premature Tire Wear Due to Cracked Lower Control Arm Bushings
- How much does it cost for Ignition lock and tumbler failure?
- Went to the car wash last night, now the alarm continuously goes off throughout.
- I have changed the fan on my ac inside the car with a new unit -- the fan will n
- How do I change the Climate control switch.
- how to remove and replace shift console
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Problems
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
It is not uncommon for the sun visor hinges to break.
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Questions
Constantly and without cause
how to remove and replace shift console. Can move lever, but car only drives in 1st when in drive. Also, I don't have ability to push lever to right or left to down/upshift. dash says D only. Thank you.
Tried Lower top but inside cover is open therefore will not activate
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Recalls
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK230 Reviews
I recently purchased a used 2001 Mercedes benz SLK230 It is an amazing car. The brakes due to its complex stopping capeability, do wear down faster as with any other high end vehicle and you should expect to replace rotors and brakes everytime for safety. The car has an amazing feel while driving even after it being 10 years old. It has more features in 2001 than some current car companies are ...
I've had my SLK 230 Sport for three very happy years now and it is all that I expected and more. It still looks new and turns heads almost everywhere I go. I have never had a single problem. I consistantly get 28 - 32 mpg at 70 - 80 mph with the top down. It's a great car!
The cost of ownership for this car is too much to handle. I am very disappointed. The interior is peeling, the exterior is rusting from underneath the paint, so many electrical problems, and it costs so much just for the dealership to look at it. It was my dream to own a Mercedes but it turned out to be a nightmare. Never again.