Porsche Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Porsche
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Water Leaks from Cabriolet Tops Due to Clogged Drains
- My multi-disc CD player located in the back skips constantly.
- The navigation screen shows, "System Failure", can't use maps, audio or CD.
- Have a whine type noise from the rear of the car at slow speed turns. 40,000
- 87 944 s cooling fan stays on forever, after ignition is off kills the battery.
- My trunk sweets how do i fix the problem its not leaking it sweets from the top
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Gili's Automotive (301) 563-9049 | 20.04mi
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
Any tips on how to prevent my multi-disc CD player located in the back access through the tailgate, from skipping so much??
I can re-boot, but System Failure message returns. What could be causing the problem?
I took the existing cooling fan relay apart.check the contacts .reinstalled it.and the fan wasn't cooling after I turn the car off running hot.hopefull thinking I bought a new relay.and the problem was the same, stayed on forever and drained the battery.
Regards first Porsche.
The hood upper lock may not properly secure the hood due to a manufacturing issue. As a result the hood could suddenly open while driving, blocking the driver's vision and increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the lock on the front hood to correct this concern.
207 Vehicles are being recalled because the fuel gauge may indicate more fuel than is actually in the fuel tank and the calculated range displayed on the instrument cluster could be higher than the actual range available. As a result the vehicle could run out of fuel unexpectedly causing the engine to stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the instrument cluster software to correct this concern.
This condition affects only certain Carrera and Carrera 4 models equipped with a standard, non-sport exhaust system. The exhaust tail pipe may fall off the rear muffler, causing a hazard to other vehicles and increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear muffler on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
A very good car for the track as well as the road. Base model torque to weight ratio is awesome and turbo is usually too much car for most people to handle. The engine is normally aspirated and water cooled. The power assist steering can require a bit getting used to if one is used to more road feedback at lower speeds. Road noise may be dampened substantially with Bridgestones or softer make v...
the clutch would not release after i shifted,the fluid in the reservoir over flow
Just bought it this year to see if I would like the turbo before buying a new turbo. $4500 in repairs later and I'm still impressed. It's going in to the local Porsche dealer tomorrow to resolve the front turn light problem (not the bulb). Compared the 2004 styling to the new turbo and like the 04 styling better. Didn't like the Bat Mobile look of the 2010.