Porsche Boxster Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Porsche Boxster
- Various Faults Due to Intenal Leak at the Oil Seperator
- Electrical Portion of Ignition Switch May Become Erratic or Fail
- Power Windows Won't Lower Due to Failing Cabriolet Top/Door Handle Micro Switch
- Persistent Coolant Loss Due to Small Leak at Coolant Reservoir
- Rear main seal/intermediate support cover O-ring may leak oil
- should I be concerned about the ims failure on boxsters. my car only has 20,000
- MY PORCHE BOXTER IS OVER HEATING
- my radio has stopped working and there is a blinking red light on the side
- What could be causing difficulty when attempting to shift Boxster into park
- rear spoiler will not raise when driving
Porsche Boxster Problems
Smoke, oil consumption, and fuel trim issues with various fault codes can be traced to an internal leak at the oil separator.
If the vehicle cannot return to run position after start or if the interior fan is not getting power, it may be the electrical portion of the ignition switch has become erratic or has failed. The entire switch assembly should be replaced.
The power windows not lowering when the Cabriolet top latch and/or door handle is operated or lowering unexpectedly while driving can be caused by a failing Cabriolet top or door handle micro switch. Diagnoses will be required to determine which switch is at fault and will require replacement.
Porsche Boxster Questions
WHAT SHOLE I DO THANK YOU EXCUSE MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD
manual switch will raise and lower rear spoiler but will not deploy while driving --where are the fuses located
Radio and heater fans worked, the blickers worked even though I could not see the indicators on the dashboard.WhenI got home, and restarted the car, the battery was very low like it had been drained by the lights. Where do I start to look?
Porsche Boxster Recalls
The mounting holes in the seat belt anchor plates may be too small. If the hole diameter is too small, the anchor cannot rotate around the fastening bolt as designed. If this were to occur, the seat belt may not be routed optimally around the seat occupant, or it may loosen at some point, increasing the risk of injury during a crash. Dealers will inspect the anchor plates and fastening screws and, if necessary, replace the seat belt. The Porsche recall number is AB02.
Porsche Boxster Reviews
Fantastic. Porsche is like no other car manufacturor, from the way they treat you at the dealership to the small details of the car's construction, everything stands out as superior. We have had our Boxster for 6 months. It is our only car and we have put 10,000 miles on it in all conditions. It has been wonderful. It is dependable, beautiful, fast, and unbeleivably responsive. Driving th...
Once you drive it, you don't want to change it. Take this advice from someone who have changed around 30 cars so far. You will love Porsche for ever. I have a Boxster 10/1998 and I feel very happy about it. It never let me down so far.
I spent a lot of $ getting this car repaired, but I love it. Had electrical issues, oil separator issues, and fuel pump problems