BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your BMW 540i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
BMW 540i Questions
Purchased 1 week ago. noticed white smoke on start up. saw more smoke during stop and go traffic this morning. at lunch the car would not crank but tries to turn over. added gas just in case bc the hand was showing low but that did not solve this issue.
My window motor went out and I need to fix it. Can some one out there please tell me how to change the window motor by itself or do I have to change the regulator to.
I need help
BMW 540i Recalls
BMW 540i Reviews
My son's 540 is a very heavy car so, use front brake pads like water. Recently the alternator need to be replace. Just $ 500 for a rebuild one!New alternator are about $ 800.00, and we found out it is a water cool alternator......!!!!!!! With this model you need to be very carefull with no overheating the engine. Cronic problems with the cooler system. Very nice cars when they are new, bu...
WELL WHAT CAN I SAY. ITS THE BEST. IT IS VERY VERY FAST AND COMFORTABLE. IT IS THE ULTIMATE. IT IS GOOD AS A FAMILY CAR AND IT ALWAYS GETS THE JOB DONE.
this has been my favorite bmw that I have owned. I have had a 325,635, and now the 540. At high rated speeds this car performs like a bmw should. All cars have there problems but if you want a car that will late a long time you cant go wrong with a bmw. I do not think they are that expensive to fix. I take mine to a local guy that does not even work on imports. he does a great job for less. Jus...