1994 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 BMW 540i
- How many clutch/brake fluid reservoirs does my car have?
- how do you check the transmission fluid level?
- I want to know where the oxygen sensor for my 1994 540i BMW is located?
- White smoke from exhaust now the car will not start.
- Brand new battery dies if left for 24 hours. What could be draining the battery?
1994 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1994 BMW 540i Questions
my local mechanic has informed me that this knowledge will be the difference between $100 and 300$ to have my fluids flushed and replaced.
Purchased 1 week ago. noticed white smoke on start up. saw more smoke during stop and go traffic this morning. at lunch the car would not crank but tries to turn over. added gas just in case bc the hand was showing low but that did not solve this issue.
Having some weird electrical problems. The back up lights are not working. The interior panel lights (speedo) dim sometimes. The trip computer went into 24hr mode and then back.