1994 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1994 BMW 540i
- I want to know where the oxygen sensor for my 1994 540i BMW is located?
- White smoke from exhaust now the car will not start.
- Brand new battery dies if left for 24 hours. What could be draining the battery?
- 540i when you turn the key on the motor will rotate over but will not crank.
- the transmission control light keeps coming on. what'ss the deal?
1994 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1994 BMW 540i Questions
Purchased 1 week ago. noticed white smoke on start up. saw more smoke during stop and go traffic this morning. at lunch the car would not crank but tries to turn over. added gas just in case bc the hand was showing low but that did not solve this issue.
Having some weird electrical problems. The back up lights are not working. The interior panel lights (speedo) dim sometimes. The trip computer went into 24hr mode and then back.
I changed the control module and the light won't go off. The car starts but runs rough. What do I need to do.