2002 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 BMW 540i
- Coolant sensor broke and leaked on to wiring harness, control harness/module.
- Why does my alarm system come on randomly with no one near the car?
- Why does my cruise control only work at random times?
- do you have to pull oil pan off toget bolts off to pull timeing cover off
- fan under hood fails to turn off after 1hr when ignition is off.
2002 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
2002 BMW 540i Questions
My 2002 540i has 140K miles and have had it 4 years. It recently shut down on me and a place in Kennesaw, GA specializing in BMW's indicated the coolant sensor broke and leaked fluid into the harness wires, control harness and module needing to replace all of it totaling about $3K with labo...
It seems to only do this when I have the doors locked. My battery had been dead but I recently had it recharged.
The cruise control light will come on but does not stay on.