2002 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 BMW 540i
- I was away from my car for an hour and when I returned my blower motor was running the battery was drained I replaced the battery and the blower motor still runs when the ignition is off AND the auto air controls are not lighting up. I have disconnected
- Will the transmission from a 1999 BMW 740il fit into a 1998 BMW 740il
- rear directional is not the bulb
- Will the radiator from a 1997 540i fit a 2002 540i?
- My brake lights stays on even after making sure all bulbs are good.
2002 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
2002 BMW 540i Questions
I have disconnected the battery in hopes that all will reset air facia lighting and blower motor
2002 BMW 540i Recalls
In a crash that deploys the driver's front air bag, the inflator of the air bag can rupture, causing metal debris to strike vehicle occupants. Dealers will replace the front driver's air bag module free of charge to correct the concern.
2002 BMW 540i Reviews
We purchased are Bimmer in 2007 with 87,500 mls on it. A year later I replaced the alternator and the radiator. We went on one trip in it to Tampa, Fl and it handled superb. Overall we are happy with our 540i.