2000 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 BMW 540i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2000 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
2000 BMW 540i Questions
I need help
reveres will not work
Instrument LCD panel display only partial numbers and missing digit and letters.
2000 BMW 540i Recalls
The brake light switch may fail and stick in the "brake lamps on" or "brake lamps off" position. Inaccurate illumination of brake lights could lead to an accident. Dealers will inspect and replace the brake lamp switch with a new improved part.
2000 BMW 540i Reviews
My son's 540 is a very heavy car so, use front brake pads like water. Recently the alternator need to be replace. Just $ 500 for a rebuild one!New alternator are about $ 800.00, and we found out it is a water cool alternator......!!!!!!! With this model you need to be very carefull with no overheating the engine. Cronic problems with the cooler system. Very nice cars when they are new, bu...
The car is a great example of fine engineering - For 7 years its been trouble free - unfortuantely at the expiration of warranty period - repairs are terribly expensive - BMW brand inflation, many simple items you pay a high premium "BMW repair tax" to dealer or independent mechanic.