1997 BMW 540i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 BMW 540i
- CHANGED WATER PUMP THE CAR STARTED BUT THE NEXT TIME I TRIED STARTING THE CAR IT
- I have just acquired an automatic 1997 535i E39 with 334,000kms.
- slight miss fire comes up on codes
- hazard light on inside of car.. on steady cause break lights to stay on?? why??
- driver's seat control positioning panel just stop working after a tune up.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 BMW 540i Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
1997 BMW 540i Questions
On a cold start the engine runs rough and has substantial 'tinking'noises coming from near the firewall. As the engine warms up it runs smoother. Any pointers or words of wisdom? The car has previously had overheating problems... now runs with temp needle @ 12 o'clock position. Driven...
I can't find the heater hoses on first glance. Is that where they are?
have no reverse