1997 Mercedes-Benz S500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Mercedes-Benz S500
- cable near back of trans left side cant get off replacing tourqe converter
- How do I determine the correct shocks or struts for my vehicle, its list several
- could you tell me the part number for the starter motor in this model?
- What's the cost for a Evaporator Core? What's the cost to fix including labor?
- some times my car don't reverse
1997 Mercedes-Benz S500 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1997 Mercedes-Benz S500 Questions
They list several type that will fix, but need to know the correct ones for my car.
what is the part number for the starter motor in a mercedes benz s500 1997
I have 188,000 miles on the vehicle.