1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Mercedes-Benz S500
- what is the code when you start the car with the Wrach it says 7500 mean
- My s500 when hot will die at idle. Nothing seems to fix.
- my cars heat windows and lights are acting up what could it be and how do I fix
- Check engine light is on ??? What to do to get it to turn off ?
- How do I change the suspension fluid and filter , 1998 MB S500 and how often.t
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
The brakes may begin to squeak at about the 50 percent wear point. This is due to the size and material used for the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge. This will generally require replacement of the rotors when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 Questions
The car runs superbly right until the moment-usually at a traffic light, that the engine very unceremoniously and without shudder or miss, dies. The car starts right back up as if nothing happened, but it is becoming more and more frequent. Replaced the main engine wiring harness, electronic th...
Engine light just went on ? Engine runs a little rough - but once warmed up - she runs fine ?? Engine light is on when car is running ????
1998 Mercedes-Benz S500 Reviews
Runs good but needed oil valves and new rear suspension.