Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volvo 940
- Where is the fuel pump relay.on the car. In the car.under the car.in the trunk.
- where are the timing marks located? I'm having the head machined.
- often will not shift into top gear until after driving for some time
- 4th gear keeps kicking in button don't work. how do I fix it?
- My 94 volvo 940 turbo.. The car will not go faster then 35/40mph?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
Volvo 940 Questions
Sometimes it behaves properly but usually have to drive for at least 10 min on highway and then rev to 4000+ before lifting throttle. Then OK for rest of trip
Was on the highway when all of the sudden started to lose power.. now the car won't go faster then 35 to 40 mph.. i though it might be the turbo, but don't really know... cat isn't cherry red, so that's out of the question... it a gas motor as well. Anybody else have this problem?...
no fire coming from the coil.will not start, engine light but no engine codes
Volvo 940 Recalls
Volvo 940 Reviews
i love my car
I LOVE MY 1994 VOLVO 940 TURBO
A tremendous driver on the highway, the car gets up to speed fast fast and is smooth at speed, and sports are very forgiving ride around town. The car is heavy and in town driving fuel economy reflects that. Plastic trim/fitments eventually fall apart, disconnect, become the victims of plastic fatigue, etc. and this is the most noticeably sub par aspect of this model/year. Mine has an automati...