Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Volvo 940
- 1995 Volvo 940 Turbo Stalls In Reverse, Hesitation
- My Volvo 940, 1994, No Turbo. Where to buy Fuel Storage Tank.
- Car starrs but shuts off on its own immidiatly
- What size socket does it take to remove the oil cooler from the filter base?
- recent heater core replacement. ran ruff now, cranks but no start. whassup?
Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
Volvo 940 Questions
I have my 1995 Volvo 940 Turbo that stalls in reverse and hesitates on take off. The following is a breakdown of what has been done so far:
1. Initial Issue from March to October is hard starts; it would take 15 minutes or more to start car; it would be longer sometim...
The steering rack was just replaced. The car was not leaking before. Now it seems to be leaking in several areas along the middle of the car. While it seems to be a clear fluid, you can follow the track of my car down the road. My landlord is not amused.
Volvo 940 Recalls
Volvo 940 Reviews
i love my car
A tremendous driver on the highway, the car gets up to speed fast fast and is smooth at speed, and sports are very forgiving ride around town. The car is heavy and in town driving fuel economy reflects that. Plastic trim/fitments eventually fall apart, disconnect, become the victims of plastic fatigue, etc. and this is the most noticeably sub par aspect of this model/year. Mine has an automati...
I LOVE MY 1994 VOLVO 940 TURBO