1993 Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Volvo 940
- often will not shift into top gear until after driving for some time
- 4th gear keeps kicking in button don't work. how do I fix it?
- where is mass airflow sensor on 1993 Volvo 940 Turbo ?
- Car will not shift to 4th gear. The arrow stays on at all times. What's wrong?
- my car is running very rich and i can smell fumes thoughout the car when driving
1993 Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
1993 Volvo 940 Questions
Sometimes it behaves properly but usually have to drive for at least 10 min on highway and then rev to 4000+ before lifting throttle. Then OK for rest of trip
Car starts but runs rough. will stall out if foot pressure is not maintained on gas pedal.
Even when I press the button, arrow stays on and car runs up to 4000 rpms. Is this good. How can I repair this problem?