1993 Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Volvo 940
- how much fluid in the transmission pan? not the whole transsion
- Car starts but as it warms up it idles rough and a humming starts gets loud to.
- My 1993 Volvo 940 is leaking fluid.
- often will not shift into top gear until after driving for some time
- 4th gear keeps kicking in button don't work. how do I fix it?
1993 Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
1993 Volvo 940 Questions
The steering rack was just replaced. The car was not leaking before. Now it seems to be leaking in several areas along the middle of the car. While it seems to be a clear fluid, you can follow the track of my car down the road. My landlord is not amused.
Sometimes it behaves properly but usually have to drive for at least 10 min on highway and then rev to 4000+ before lifting throttle. Then OK for rest of trip