1992 Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Volvo 940
- Who sales the shim kits ? I have a tool allready
- where are the timing marks located? I'm having the head machined.
- Kick down cable broken at trans do I need to change it or can I buy pass it
- I drive a 1992 Volvo 940GL. Lately, it has a loud raspy rattling.
- Steering woobles side to side front tires when braking, is it joints or struts?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
1992 Volvo 940 Questions
I don't mind loosing kick down
It rattles when I push on the gas and after I'm driving it sometimes rattles when the car is idling. A few weeks ago,the ABS and SRS lights came on when I turned on the car. I had no electrical (power windows, a/c and radio wouldn't work) and it wouldn't go out of park. After turning ...
Front tires don't have wear side to side wear. When car hits pot hole there is no vibration. Steering wheel universal is suspect.What do you think?