1991 Volvo 940 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Volvo 940
- Where is the fuel pump relay.on the car. In the car.under the car.in the trunk.
- Engine is sputtering upon acceleration. What may cause this?
- my 91 turbo just stalls out for no apparent reason,no missing, no sputtering ,
- IVE OWNED THIS VEHICLE FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND KEPT MAINTENECE UP THE BEST I COULD
- WHAT IF THE HEADS DONT NEED TO BE MACHINED. DOES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN COST
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
1991 Volvo 940 Problems
The transmission overdrive relay often fails, preventing the transmission from shifting into overdrive
The fuel pump relay may fail resulting in a "no start" condition, the engine will crank over but will not start and run. Checking for proper fuel pressure would be the first step in diagnosing this concern.
When braking, a loose feeling from the front end can be caused by worn strut rod bushings. Worn bushings will require replacement. After they are replaced the wheel alignment should be checked.
1991 Volvo 940 Questions
Injectors & throttle body have been cleaned. Plugs & plug wires have been changed. Gas & Air filters have been changed. Water pump, Timing belt have been changed. Turbo has been serviced.
Car starts and idles well once cold. However as engine gets warm and begins to be revved at 2000...
this use to happen just once in a while but now it happens all the time
I HAVE NOT DRIVEN MY VEHICLE MORE THAN 5,000 MILES PER YEAR.
JUST A LITTLE CURIOUS WHY I DID NOT GET ANY WARNING SIGNS.
1991 Volvo 940 Recalls
1991 Volvo 940 Reviews
A tremendous driver on the highway, the car gets up to speed fast fast and is smooth at speed, and sports are very forgiving ride around town. The car is heavy and in town driving fuel economy reflects that. Plastic trim/fitments eventually fall apart, disconnect, become the victims of plastic fatigue, etc. and this is the most noticeably sub par aspect of this model/year. Mine has an automati...