Mercedes-Benz GL550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz GL550
- why is my dash board showing check engine?
- 2009 GL550 getting a leftside headlight error on the dash
- SRS Light is on and "visit workshop without shifting gears" is displayed.
- Can replacing power steering control head, cause the power steering rack to leak
- My 2009 GL550 was in the dealership for replacement of a power control head of
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz GL550 Problems
The transmission drive selector module may fail resulting in the loss of gear selection capability. This condition can leave the vehicle stranded, and will require replacement of the drive selector module.
Mercedes-Benz GL550 Questions
after i buy fuel
2009 GL550 getting a leftside headlight error on the dash- Changed the Xenon bulb but that did not resolve the issue. Any sugessions????
I would like to mention that all the controls on the steering wheel don't work and the shifter does not work also.
Mercedes-Benz GL550 Recalls
Seat belts are secured to the vehicle body at various points using special anchor bolts. These 2013 GL models are being recalled because the anchor bolts for the second row seat belts may not have been tightened correctly during vehicle assembly. If these bolts are loose, a belted occupant my not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will inspect the affect bolts and tighten them as necessary.
Mercedes-Benz is recalling 2009 550 G-Class models due to fuel line quick connectors that were not properly connected on the assembly line. In case of a frontal crash, the fuel pump may no longer function, which could lead to fuel loss. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak can result in a fire. Dealers will check the connectors and install a new clamp free of charge.
Mercedes–Benz is recalling certain 2008 GL-Class, M-Class, and R-Class vehicles for a possible defect in the driving pin used to control power steering oil pressure. If the pin breaks during normal vehicle turning, the steering assist will no longer operate, causing difficulty operating the steering wheel. Dealers will replace the steering gear in affected vehicles.
Mercedes-Benz GL550 Reviews
This is a high-quality truck in all respects. Handles very well, good turning radius, comfortable, attractive inside and out. Expensive to run and repair but, I knew that up front. Although it is a luxury vehicle as opposed to a work vehicle, there is a ton of space with both 2nd and 3rd rows of seats down. It is a pleasure to drive.
Best car I've ever driven in terms of ride, power, curb appeal, etc. Worst car I've ever had in terms of reliability. Airmatic suspension a nightmare--have had both front units replaced. One failed after replacement and had to get it done (fortunately under parts warranty). Numerous other issues (e.g. sill vanity lights, power folding mirrors, rear latch failure, EZ-GO power lock failure, e...
suspension,tire,rack,power steering issues! Well the rack went out at 48k thank God it was under warranty. At 53k it needed its 3rd set of odd sized tires.only 2 brands? At 56k its first front air susp.bag went,lucky... i found a company that rebuilds with a lifetime warranty w/exchange for a couple hundred bucks At 58k the right front air susp. bag went At 59k the air susp. compressor we...