Mercedes-Benz C320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C320
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Do I have to replace my Mass Air Flow meter?
- how to reset the check engine light on my 2002 mercedes-benz
- When turn on a/c only get hot air what is estimated cost 9
- My 2001 Mercedes c320 will not turn over to start even when I jump it.
- When I go on a long journey the ESP warning light comes on after about 50 miles.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz C320 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
A dead battery can be caused by a faulty seat control module that does not properly shut down. Spilling liquids on the front seats can cause these modules to fail.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Mercedes-Benz C320 Questions
When I turn the key all the lights/windows/radio turns on, but the car will not try to start. It doesn't evem tick, nothing. Im not getting any malfunction codes or anything. Any ideas?
A friend said it may be the relay took it to a shop they said the computer was fried radio comes on key turns everything comes up on the dash board so how can the computer be fried.
Mercedes-Benz C320 Recalls
There is a faulty software calibration that affects several areas including shutting off the fuel supply in a collision. This could cause a fire hazard during an accident. Dealers will reprogram this software. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 070001. This recall began during August, 2008.
Certain passenger vehicles equipped with sport model steering wheels fail to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection"In certain tests conducted by NHTSA, using an unbelted female crash test dummy, conditions were found that occupants may not be properly protected during a crash, resulting in injuries. Dealers will install a new airbag module free of charge. The Mercedes recall # is 2006020005
Some seat belt buckles may have a burr on a metal component of the locking mechanism. This could prevent the seat belt from locking under certain conditions. In the event of a crash, the seat occupant may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will replace the affected seat belts. This recall is expected to begin on December 22, 2003. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2003 120006.
Mercedes-Benz C320 Reviews
I bought my C320 in 2007 with 42K on it. Good records on service history. I do my own work which I believe everyone should with the prices these dealers charge. It really is not hard, and you will save tons of $$$. There are many great sources for help and instruction on-line that are very useful. My problems have been: Shade for back window stopped working. I live in NM and it stopped worki...
Great car to drive, but be aware of the high maintenance fees.
Today, when I got in the car to go to work, the front driver seat was all the way forward and would not move back. I had to drive all the way to work with the steering almost touching my chest. Tried everything and I can hera a click when I try to move the seat. I guess the motor went bad and there is no way to manually move the seat until I can replace it. Any ideas..?