2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Mercedes-Benz C320
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Dead Battery Due to Failed Seat Control Module
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- were do I find the connector for the turbine input speed sensor for a 2002 C320.
- Put a new radio system in my car when I turned it on it lights up but no sound can it be my amplifier
- New radio system installed but when turned on lights up but no sound is itmyamp
- Do the radio have power
- White smoke is coming from the exhaust
2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
A dead battery can be caused by a faulty seat control module that does not properly shut down. Spilling liquids on the front seats can cause these modules to fail.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Questions
My radio comes on but no sound new system put in
White smoke is coming from the exhaust when I go on an incline. Check Engine light came on and car ran rough.
2002 Mercedes-Benz C320 Reviews
I bought my C320 in 2007 with 42K on it. Good records on service history. I do my own work which I believe everyone should with the prices these dealers charge. It really is not hard, and you will save tons of $$$. There are many great sources for help and instruction on-line that are very useful. My problems have been: Shade for back window stopped working. I live in NM and it stopped worki...
My costs have been far less than they were when I drove my Astro van and the ride is much better! While some may complain about the cost of repairs, I have had my oil topped off a few times by dealerships when the oil light came on while driving long distances. MB people are very courteous! I have probably spent about 3-400 yr total average for the 5+ years I have had this car (that includes o...
Love this Wagon!! Lot's of power and a great ride