Mercedes-Benz C220 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C220
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Interior Wood Trim/Dash Pads Crack Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Failure Causing Poor Fuel Economy and Check Engine Light on
- when i turn my heat on i hear a noise but dosent work. other issues also
- Oil keep getting in my coolant...
- Gas blowing back when I fill tank. Not the vent
- Horn blowes all the time switch is good could it be a relay if so where is it
- Horn blows all the time switch is working right is there a relay need help
Mercedes-Benz C220 Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
The interior wood trim and dash pad are likely to crack due to age and sun exposure.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Mercedes-Benz C220 Questions
I have replaced the radiator and had flushed twice but the same result. The car is not overheating, there is no white smoke coming from tail pipe and my engine oil dip stick is clean. I have been told its not the trans cooler. The last mechanic said it might be coming from the timing cover and wi...
I have a new compressor ready to go in, but I was curious to see if it was something more simple wrong before I install it. The system is completely charged but the AC clutch will not engage. I put a gauge on the low pressure side and it pegged the needle past the red zone side. Could it be a bad...
Catalyst, egr and 2nd air are the 3 test the computers not performing, on a 1996 there can only be 2. Ive tried the drive cycle a couple times but its still not passing.i need to smog vehicle. What can I do?
Mercedes-Benz C220 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz C220 Reviews
My gas gage is not registering,it goes up and down even if the tank is full of gas. What is causing this problem.
The C220 is ok
Great car !